Good morning. Here is one of my samples for the butterfly stamp set shows featured on Hochanda recently with Chocolate Baroque. The bundle that included the matching stencils and masks was a ‘sell out’ – but these should be available again soon (direct from the Chocolate Baroque website).
Note: I recently got the Tim Holtz stamping platform from Tonic Studios and I found it perfect for this project. No more slipping when stamping on acetate. Building the frame with the swirly stamp was so easy too. Simply stamped, turned the card 90 degrees and stamped again. However, it is not essential for this project. Using an acrylic block with grid markings will help you to align the stamp with the card edge when building the frame with the swirl stamp.
- Patchwork Butterfly, Just Butterflies and Butterfly Stencils (available in the ‘One Day Special’ bundle)
- 8 X 8 inch (20cm) square card blank, heavy weight acetate
- Inkpads: StazOn (Jet Black), dye based multi-coloured (purples, pinks, blues), Versafine (Onyx Black)
- Imagination Crafts Starlight paints (Lilac Mist)
- Sparkle pens (purple, pink)
- Sakura 3D glaze pen (purple and deep pink)
- Fine tipped pen (purple)
- Glitter glue (violet)
- Red liner tape (extra strong double sided tape)
How to make it:
- Cut a 6 X 6 inch aperture into the front of the card. Stamp the swirls using multi-coloured ink to the inside panel. Stamp the butterfly and verse using Versafine. Colour the butterfly with sparkle pens.
- Trim the acetate to fit inside the front panel. Stamp the swirls with StazOn. Tip: stamp one side of the frame, turn the card 90 degrees, stamp again and repeat to make the swirl frame design.
- On the other side of the acetate stencil the butterflies and dragonfly with Starlight paint, leave to dry. Overtsamp the butterfly detail with StazOn. With the paint side orientated to the outside the panel will insert with the swirls orientated in the opposite direction to the inside panel. Glue to the inside with strong double sided tape. If you would like a neater inside finish cut a frame to cover the ‘workings’.
- Add faux stitching and glitter glue dots to frame the outside panel. Finish by adding extra colour to butterflies and dots around the swirls using the 3D glaze pens.