Good afternoon. Here is another of my show samples for the lovely Mackintosh stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque recently shown on Hochanda.
- Mackintosh Beauty, Mackintosh Windows
- Black card, acetate, white stamping card, scrap glitter card (turquoise)
- Versafine Inkpad (Onyx Black), StazOn (Jet Black)
- Spritzing inks (pink, purple and turquoise – some with mica)
- Silver metallic marker
- Acrylic paints (pink, lilac and pale turquoise)
- Extra fine crystal glitter
- Double sided sticky sheet
- Organza ribbons (pink, turquoise)
- PVA pearls (turquoise)
- Large tag die (Tattered Lace)
How to make it:
- Cut and make the large tag shaped card from black card – approx. 20 X 10.5cm.
- Cut a tag from stamping card to layer onto the card leaving a small border of the black card base showing. Spritz with coloured inks and edge with silver pen.
- Overstamp the background with floral and the decorative heart stamps.
- Stamp the panels onto acetate with StazOn ink and cut out. Colour some areas on the back with acrylic paints – leaving some sections clear.
- Add a layer of double sided sticky sheet to the back of the acetate (just the main shape – omit the little fiddly bits). I drew around the acetate onto the carrier sheet, then cut it out before sticking to the acetate. Pour glitter onto the tacky surface and press down/rub in well. Brush off excess.
- Stick to background mat with double sided tape – hiding it under opaque painted sections.
- Stamp the flower onto glitter card and cut out. Add ribbon and stick down the flower.
- Glue the topper to the card with foam pads for added dimension. Finish with PVA pearls.