Good morning. Today I am sharing another of my show samples with the lovely Mackintosh stamps recently shown on Hochanda.
I used a stamping platform to help with placement of the stamps around the card border. This made it quick and easy but it is not essential. A craft mat and acrylic block with a grid will be helpful to get precise placement but it can be done ‘by eye’. Practice on a piece of cheap copy paper.
- Mackintosh Beauty, Mackintosh Windows and Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp sets
- 8 X 8 inch card blank (smooth inkable card), stamping card, black card
- Versafine (Onyx Black)
- WOW embossing powder (Clear Gloss)
- Water based inks (yellow, purple, teal, deep pinkish red)
- Sparkle pen (clear overlay)
- Layering dies (Torn Edge Squares – Tattered Lace)
How to make it:
- Mount the corner and border stamps onto a gridded acrylic block. Test their placement on a scrap piece of 8 X 8 copy paper. Stamp onto one corner and edge, turn the card 90 degrees and stamp again. Repeat to build the border. Heat emboss with clear powder. Colour with inks and sparkle pen. The embossing resists the ink so makes colouring fairly quick and easy.
- Stamp the lady onto stamping card. Heat emboss with clear powder. Cut out and colour with inks and sparkle pen. Don’t worry about cutting out the fiddly ‘land locked’ area under the bouquet. When mounted onto the uncoloured background panel it will blend in and not be noticeable.
- Stamp the panel and sentiment, cut out and mount onto black card, glue to the card front.
- Glue the lady to the card front with 3D glue gel or foam pads.
These stamps are gorgeous! Beautiful card
Thank you x