Good morning. Today I am sharing another of my TV show samples created with the gorgeous Summer Fayre stamp from Chocolate Baroque. This is a variation of one of my earlier cards. I added more colouring using watercolour pencils, and created a leafy background using one of the new stencils.
- Summer Fayre stamp and Useful Leaves stencil (Chocolate Baroque)
- A5 card blank (white hammered card), white stamping card, black card
- Versafine Inkpad (Onyx Black) and Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters)
- Watercolour pencils and brush for colouring
- Water based sparkle pens
- Fine tipped marker (opaque white)
- Alcohol marker (black)
- Glossy Accents and PVA pearls (black)
- Art Nouveaux decorative frame die (Tonic) and dies to cut poppy and leaves (coloured with alcohol pens and sparkle overlay pen)
How to make it:
- Cut the background mat from stamping card to make a panel to go behind the decorative frame. Create the background by sponging Distress Ink through the leaf stencil. Edge with black marker and glue to the card front.
- Cut the decorative frame in black card, placing a white mat behind. Draw faux stitching with white pen and colour some elements with red glitter pen. Glue to the card front with foam pads for added dimension. I also glued down some of the black die waste pieces.
- Stamp the image with Versafine and cut out to layer onto the decorative frame mat.
- Colour with watercolour pencils, using a damp brush to blend out the colour. Add some areas of sparkle with water based sparkle pens.
- Glue on the flower and leaves. I created mine with dies but a ready-made flower embellishment would also work.
- Add Glossy Accents to some areas of the foliage and hair strands to give shine.
- Finish with PVA pearls.
Gorgeous. I really like the flower, what die did you use?
Thank you for your kind comment. I will have to check which dies I used – hoping no-one would ask as made the flower a while ago and had in my stash – tee hee hee. No probs to check it out though sweetie and I’ll get back to you. Just lovely that there is someone out there that reads my posts xx.
I read almost all of yours, your craft style really appeals to me, very different to mine, and gives me lots of ideas x
Oh that it so lovely – Thank you. The big leaf is a Creata die. The flower and smaller leaves are Spellbinder Die D-Lites Poppy xxx
Fab, thank you x