Good morning. Today I am sharing another of my recent show samples using one of the lovely seasonal ladies – Winter Dawn. I just had to go over the top with sparkle and bling for this one – tee hee.
This one does make a nice Christmas card (sorry to use the ‘C’ word) – but it could just as equally make a nice winter birthday card too.
- Winter Dawn stamp
- Seasonal Elements and Seasonal Journey stencils
- 16 X 13cm card blank, smooth blue card, holographic mirror card, blue glitter card, heavy acetate (recycled packaging)
- Versamark Inkpad
- WOW embossing Powder (Metallic Silver Superfine)
- Colouring pencils (white, blue and grey)
- Fine tipped markers (black and opaque white)
- Glitter glue (pale aqua) and loose glitter (extra fine pale blue)
- Crystal glitter (Pinflair Iced Diamond – for inside shaker)
- Acrylic texture paste (Pebeo concrete relief paste)
- Viva Décor Kristall Gell (Hologram)
- Snowflake dies (various suppliers)
- Foam tape and strong double sided tape (red liner)
How to make it:
- Stamp the image with Versamark and emboss with the silver powder. Colour with pencils and use fine tipped black pen to darken eyes. Use the white pen to enhance highlights. Add glitter glue to snowflakes. You could stop at this stage and simply mat and layer onto the card front.
- Cut a frame from holographic card. Using texture paste add the lettering through the stencil. Quickly coat with loose glitter. When dry enhance the lettering by drawing on a drop shadow with black pen.
- Trim the acetate to fit behind the frame. Add snowflakes using Kristall and applying through the stencil. When dry glue to the back of the frame with strong tape. Apply the framed window to the card with 3D foam tape ensuring that there are no gaps. Before sticking down add a pile of crystal glitter to the middle of the card.
- Finish with die cut snowflakes.
How pretty. Great card
Thank you x
Wow, this appeals so much to my inner magpie. Love the stamp
Thank you. Cannot resist a bit of bling x