Good morning. This is another of my recent show samples using the Chequered Flowers stamp.
- Chequered Flowers stamp
- 15cm white card blank, white stamping card
- Colourcraft Soft Form Relief Paste (Gold)
- Versamark Inkpad
- WOW embossing powder (Gold Rich)
- Spectrum Noir Aqua watercolour pens (violet, turquoise)
- Glycerine (from chemist)
- PVA pearls (gold)
- Organza ribbon (turquoise)
How to make it:
- Spread the relief paste over the stamp with a palette knife and leave to dry. Drying time depends on room temperature and humidity but it will need at least a day. Mine took 2 days to fully dry. When dry gently peel away from the stamp and trim around to neaten up any messy edges.
- Stamp the image with Versafine and heat emboss with gold powder. Colour with watercolour pens and a damp brush. The embossed lines resist the water and make colouring quick and easy.
- Apply a couple of drops of glycerine to a blending sponge and work in well. Now use this to pick up watercolour from your craft mat. Blend colour around the edges of the card. The Glycerine make the watercolour behave more like a Distress Ink making blending easy. I cannot claim this as my idea – I tried it after a recent demo from Sheen Douglass.
- Apply Versamark Ink along the card edges and heat emboss with gold powder.
- Glue down the paste embellishment. Attach the ribbon and bow, then glue panel to the card front.
- Finish with PVA pearls
Reblogged this on Heatherwell Designs by Anne Waller and commented:
Another sample with the Chequered Flowers stamp included in the Pic N Mix shows on Hochanda today (next show 3pm) x