I simply love Powertex for creating mixed media. It enables you to sculpt fabric and to create 3D embellishments – the possibilities are endless.
I simply adore the sea but unfortunately I couldn’t live further away from the seaside. I had so much fun creating this one and disappeared into a fantasy world of sea, sand, fossils and shells. So much scope for texture.
I recycled an old cotton scarf and a bit of old potato sack, created extra texture using sand and balls, and even created the fossils using moulds with Powertex clay.
I hope that you like my fantasy sea shore.
- Powertex Fabric Hardener (Transparent and Ivory)
- 12 X 12 inch stretched canvas
- Recycled cotton scarf and hessian (burlap)
- Texture Media (3D Sand & Balls)
- Starlight paint (light gold)
- Easy Varnish
- Colortricx (Rich Gold)
- Powercolor (White, Ultramarine, Turquoise)
- Fossil themed silicone moulds
- Shells, glass beads (light gold), glass glitter (clear)
- Letter stamps and StazOn Inkpad (Opaque White)