Good afternoon. This is one of my recent show samples using the Pretty Poppies and Butterfly Poppy Collage stamps from Chocolate Baroque.
- Pretty Poppies, Butterfly Poppy Collage stamp sets
- A5 black card blank, watercolour and stamping card
- Versafine Inkpad (Black Onyx)
- Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Pens (Bud Green, Moss, Crimson and Scarlet)
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen (Clear overlay)
- Glossy Accents
- Cosmic Shimmer Twinkles glitter glue (Aqua)
- PVA pearls (black)
- Tim Holtz Stamping Platform (Tonic)
How it was done:
- The poppies were stamped onto watercolour card and the stamps coloured with watercolour markers. I used a stamping press for this project – it is perfect for adding the different colours in layers and repeat stamping perfectly aligning with the previously stamped sections of the image. Similar can be done by applying all the colours needed over the stamp then huffing or very lightly spritzing to ensure that the watercolours are activated (otherwise some areas dry up a bit while working and don’t stamp well).
- The card was very lightly spritzed with water to encourage a little bleeding of the stamped image giving a soft watercolour effect. More colour was applied to the foreground poppies, picking up colour and applying with a damp brush.
- The sentiment and butterflies were stamped with Versafine. The butterflies were cut out, coloured and lightly shaped for added dimension.
- I painted over the butterflies with clear sparkle pen, and added dots of glitter glue on the butterflies and stamens.
- Finished with PVA pearls and added Glossy Accents to the butterfly bodies.