Good morning. I had so much fun creating a fantasy world with the Steampunk themed stamps recently featured on Hochanda. Today I am sharing one of my show samples. I just love this sentiment verse and the fun sentiments that come with these stamp sets.
- Steampunk Travel and Steampunkery stamp sets (also available as a multibuy)
- Ready made white pop up card blank (approx. 7cm wide box with back panel approx. 16cm high), white stamping card, Kraft card
- Inkpads: Dye based ink (brown) and Versamark
- Ink sprays with mica (blue and gold)
- Alcohol ink pens and coloured pencils (blue, orange, yellow)
- Fine tipped pen (brown)
- WOW heat embossing powders (mix of Verdigris and Gold)
- Dies to cut steampunk cogs and shaped mat for verse
How it was made:
- The box was spritzed with inks to add colour and edged with brown ink.
- The images were stamped with brown ink and coloured with alcohol pens and some pencil shading.
- The verse was cut out with a die and edged with brown ink and faux stitching. The remaining sentiments were hand cut and edged with brown ink. The Steampunk images were cut out by hand.
- The cogs were cut from Kraft card, coated in Versamark and heat embossed with metallic powders.
- The images, cogs and sentiments were glued to the card layers to give depth. Thin card strips were glued behind some of the elements to add extra support where needed.