Good morning. Today I am sharing one of my recent samples created for the Steampunk shows recently on Hochanda. I used a few of my dies to create this nautical themed card. I hope that you like it.
- Steampunkery and Punky Expressions stamp sets
- 8 X 8 inch white card blank; white, blue and brown kraft card; recycled acetate from packaging
- Versamark and Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
- WOW embossing powders (white plus mix of Copper and Gold Rich)
- Koh-I-Noor Charcoals (White)
- Sakura Glitter and Glaze Pens (red)
- Dies to cut a circle frame (approx. 16cm diameter – TODO), steampunk cogs (Tattered Lace, Trimcraft) and nautical themed embellishments (Couture Creations)
How it was made:
- I trimmed the blue card to fit the card front and leave a small white border. The sentiment and airship were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with the white powder.
- The circle porthole frame was cut from Kraft card. A piece of acetate was cut to fit behind.
- The cogs and wheel were cut from Kraft card and coloured with gold embossing powder or red glaze pen. The gulls were cut from white card.
- The scene was built up and coloured using the white charcoals. A little red glitter pen was added to the boat and a small die cut gull stuck down. The frame was glued over the top using 3D shaker foam. Note: you could add some sprinkles or glitter for added fun.
- The scroll was created from a rectangle, rolling the ends around a paint brush to curl. A little Distress Ink was added to the edges to age. The die cut embellishments were used to decorate.