Good morning. This was another of my recent show samples for Hochanda using the lovely poppy themed stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I used Brushos on this one to create a loose watercolour background.
- Pretty Poppies and Poppy Meadow stamp sets
- 14.5 X 16 cm card blank, white hammered card, pink card, watercolour card
- Versamark and Versafine (Vintage Sepia, Onyx Black)
- WOW embossing powder (detail white)
- Fine tipped pens (opaque white, black)
- Watercolour pens (pink, purple, green)
- Brusho Powders (Purple, Leaf Green)
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Pearls (pink, pearl)
- Glitter glue (clear)
- Decorative border die (Crafters Companion Die’sire)
How it was made:
- The border panel was cut from hammered card and glued to the card front.
- The pink card was trimmed to fit and the sentiment stamped with Versamark and embossed with white powder. Faux stitching and little dots in the background were added with white pen.
- The poppies were stamped onto watercolour card, ‘inking’ the stamp with the pink and green watercolour pens. To get the lovely watercolour effect the card was spritzed with water to get the stamping colours to bleed slightly. Brusho crystals were then dropped onto the background.
- After drying the image was overstamped using Versafine (Vintage Sepia) to bring back some definition. I used a black pen to enhance some of the stamped outlines. More colour was added using watercolour pens and a damp brush. The sentiment was stamped with black ink.
- The image was trimmed and glue to the card front. Finished the card with a few PVA pearls and yes …. obligatory glitter glue. Just cannot help myself x.