Good morning. This was another of my recent show samples for Chocolate Baroque on Hochanda with lovely poppy themed stamps.
- Pretty Poppies, Poppy Meadow, Natures Peace stamp sets
- 6 X 6 inch Kraft card blank, watercolour card
- Spectrum Aqua watercolour pens (greens and red/pinks)
- Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass)
- Alcohol marker (black)
- Tim Holtz Stamping Platform or similar (optional but makes it much easier)
How it was made:
- The stamps were coloured directly with different shades of red, pink and green watercolour pens. I used a stamping platform to create this one making it much easier to repeat stamp with different colours exactly positioning over the previous stamping. It can be done without but it’s a little more tricky. Colour the different areas of the stamp in one go and ‘huff’ (breath) over the image before stamping to activate the watercolour, alternatively lightly mist with water (but not too much).
- A damp brush was then used to drag out the colour and produce shading. A little extra colour was applied where needed, picking up colour from a palette with a damp brush (using ink from the pens as a watercolour paint).
- The card was trimmed and edged with Distress Ink. I also added a black border with alcohol marker to frame.