Good morning. This is the last of my recent samples for shows on Hochanda using lovely poppy themed stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque. I have so enjoyed working with these gorgeous stamp sets.
- Butterfly Poppy Collage and Pretty Poppies stamp sets
- 9 X 8 inch card blank (cream), watercolour card, white stamping card, scrap card (pink)
- Inkpads: Versafine (Vintage Sepia), Distress Ink (Forest Moss, Scattered Straw, Tea Dye, Tumbled Glass), archival dye inkpads (dark blue, dark pink)
- Watercolour pens (red, pink, blue, orange, green)
- Water based ink sprays (green, warm yellow and gold with mica)
- Alcohol ink pens: black and dark pink
- Pebeo Gilding Wax (gold)
- Glitter pens (blue and gold)
- Gel pen (opaque white)
- Stickles glitter glue (Icicle)
- Dies: Formal Flourish (Die-namics), Cut Mat Create rectangle (Heartfelt Creations), shaped square (Trimcraft?)
How to make it:
- Wet the watercolour card and randomly spray with inks. When dry, lightly stamp all over with the large text collage stamp and Forest Moss Ink.
- Cut to fit the card front leaving a frame of approx. 1cm base card showing. Stamp the right hand side using both blue and pink inks, and the left plus background butterfly with blue ink. Note: To get a good stamped image on textured watercolour card you will need to press the stamp down a little harder than usual. It will never be as clear and crisp as when stamping on smooth card.
- Stamp the butterflies using blue ink onto the offcut piece of coloured watercolour card and cut out. Further colour the butterflies with alcohol and glitter pens. Add highlights to the butterflies and to the stamped poppy collage using white gel pen.
- Cut the shaped square mat from smooth card and stamp the poppy image with Versafine. Colour the background with Tea Dye and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks, blending with a sponge. Splash with water and blot off colour to give a mottled background. Colour the poppies with watercolour pens and edge the mat with gold gilding wax. Add highlights with white gel pen.
- Cut a rectangle mat in white card approx. 9 X 13cm (3.5” X 5”), stamp the text with Scattered Straw Ink, and blend in ink from around the edges. Further enhance the edges with black alcohol marker and mount the coloured poppy image to the left side using foam pads.
- Align and position the mat onto the watercolour card and cut around the stamped poppy collage with a craft knife so that the mat can be tucked under the cut section. Cut 2 flourishes from pink card.
- Finally glue everything to the card front, leaving the butterfly wings free for added dimension. Oooh, and add a bit of glitter to the poppy centres (got to be done – tee hee).