Good morning. This was another of my recent samples for shows on Hochanda using lovely poppy themed stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque.
- Butterfly Poppy Collage and Pretty Poppies stamp sets
- White card blank (smooth inkable), watercolour card, red metallic card, black card
- Versafine Inkpad (Onyx Black)
- Watercolour pens
- Fine tipped pen (opaque white) and Sakura Glaze Pen (Clear)
- PVA pearls (black)
- Stickles glitter glue (Icicle)
- Easel Creator die set for cutting card shape and frame (Tonic)
How it was made:
- The shaped card base was cut with the outer plain die (overhanging it just over the left hand fold of the card). The decorative frame was cut from metallic card and a black mat was cut using the plain dies.
- The text and poppies were stamped directly onto the card front. Colour was added with watercolour pens. The mat and frame were then mounted around the image with 3D foam for dimension.
- The poppies were stamped again onto watercolour card using watercolour pens to colour the stamp. A water brush was used to drag out the colour and more colour was added where needed. The 2 poppy flowers and bud were then cut out. I felt that the watercolour outlines were not really sharp enough so I laid my stamp onto my craft mat, coated it with Versafine, then pressed down the cut out flowers over the inked stamp (Sheena Douglass style – this is how she stamps up her ‘Perfect Partner’ die cut images). This added back stronger outlines and detail. I also added a few highlights with white pen. These were lightly shaped and decoupaged over the main image.
- Finally a little glitter glue was added to the poppy centres and butterfly. I also added clear glaze pen over parts of the leaves and butterfly.