Good morning. This is another of my samples created for Chocolate Baroque using the Key to my Dreams stamp set.
- Key to My Dreams stamp set
- A5 stepper card blank, Kraft card, copper metallic card, linen textured white card, paper cake doily
- Inkpads: StazOn (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers), Encore (Silver), Versamark
- Ink Spritzers (gold and light blue with mica)
- Fine tipped pen (brown)
- WOW Embossing Powder (Gold Rich)
- Soft Form Relief Paste (Copper)
- Pebeo Gilding Wax (Antique Gold)
- Stickles Glitter Glue (Icicle)
- Embossing folder (Crafters Companion 8 X 8inch)
- Small suitcase die (Heartfelt Creations – Luggage and Tags), decorative heart die (Tonic – Fanciful Florals Large Heart), key dies (Trimcraft?)
How it was made:
- A thin layer of copper paste was spread onto lock and key stamps and left to fully dry before gently peeling away. This can take up to 2 days so you need to plan ahead. StazOn Ink was then applied to the stamps and the moulded pieces pressed back on to transfer the ink into the crevices. The surface was then lightly rubbed over with gold gilding wax to add more depth of colour.
- The card blank was textured with the embossing folder and rubbed over with Distress Ink. Faux stitching was added to the main panel using the fine tipped pen.
- Background topper panels were created with linen textured card. The keys were stamped with silver ink and the background was lightly spritzed with mica inks. The paper doilies were also coloured with ink sprays and Distress Ink, trimmed and glued to the backgrounds. The edges of the panels were roughened up using the edge of my scissors, encouraging small tears. The edges were inked with Distress ink and edges and tears lightly shaped and curled.
- The heart panel and keys were cut from copper card, and the suitcase from Kraft card. The sentiment was stamped onto the suitcase with Versamark and heat embossed with gold powder. Small snips of the coloured doily were glued down and the edges inked with Distress Ink. The handles were coated with Versamark and heat embossed with gold powder. After decorating the suitcase was folded and glued to make the 3D embellishment.
- Mats, die cuts and embellishments were glued to the card using foam pads and 3D glue where needed. Finally a little Stickles glitter glue was added for a bit of sparkle.