Good morning. This was another of my samples for the recent Steampunk themed shows from Chocolate Baroque.
- Steampunkery, Steampunk Travel and Punky Expressions stamps
- 6 X 6 inch Kraft card blank, Kraftcard scraps, 6 X 6 inch patterned paper from Crafty Individuals (Travels in Italy)
- Inkpads: Versamark, Versafine (Vintage Sepia), StazOn (Jet Black)
- Versamark Embossing Ink Pen
- Embossing powders: WOW (Clear Gloss), Ranger (Rust)
- Soft Form Relief Paste (Copper)
- Alcohol pen and fine tipped pen (dark brown)
- Watercolour pen (teal, brown)
- Koh-I-Noor white charcoal sticks
- Dies (Sizzix gears)
How it was made:
- Images were stamped with Versafine. White charcoals were used to add clouds and to add highlights to the airships. Images were further coloured with watercolour pens and a damp brush. I used a light spray with hairspray to fix the chalk and stop it from smudging. The topper was then edged with brown pen and faux stitching drawn with the fine tipped pen.
- Embossing ink was added to the larger ship with the pen, and was heat embossed with clear powder.
- StazOn ink was applied to the large airship stamp propellers before spreading with a layer of Soft Form Relief Paste. This was left to dry overnight before peeling away and trimming to neaten, then glued over the image.
- Gears were cut from Kraft card, coated with Versamark ink and heat embossed with rust powder.
- Sentiments were stamped onto scrap patterned paper, matted onto Kraft card, edged with alcohol maker and glued to the card with foam pads for dimension.