Good afternoon. Another sea themed tag card created with Mermaid Queen, Underwater and Seaside Dreams stamps from Chocolate Baroque.
The Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Monday) this week is tags – so I have entered this one into the challenge too.
- Mermaid Queen, Underwater and Seaside Dreams stamps
- 13cm square card blank, white stamping card, black card and scrap cream mount board
- Inkpads: StazOn (Jet Black, Green), Versamark
- Acrylic paints (metallic blue, peach and gold)
- Water based inks (blue, green)
- WOW Embossing Powders (Fuchsia and Daytona Sands yellow/gold mix)
- Pebeo Texture Paste (Concrete)
- Stickles Glitter Glue (Icicle)
- Swirly stencil (Claritystamp)
- Shaving foam and shallow tray
- Organza ribbon (pink)
- Die to cut tag (Sizzix BigZ), square decorative die (Tonic) and corner rounder punch
- Tonic crystal drops (orange)
How it was done:
- Black card was cut with the decorative die and glue to the card front. The tag (approx. 5 X 11cm) was cut from mount board. The background panel was cut from white card with a paper trimmer and the corners rounded with a punch.
- The tag and background panel were coloured using the shaving foam technique. Basically a layer of foam is spread onto a tray. Inks are dropped on the surface and swirled with a cocktail stick or similar. The ink is then picked up onto the card (by lowering onto the foam).
- The background was stamped with black StazOn and glued to the card front. I have found that the shaving foam can leave quite a slick surface which can be a bit tricky to stamp and colour over. Note the ‘Dream’ sentiment was created by partially inking the longer sentiment.
- The seaweed was stamped onto the tag with green StazOn. Concrete paste was applied onto the tag through the stencil with a palette knife. Coloured by rubbing over with acrylic paints when dry. The tag was applied to the card with foam pads for added dimension.
- The seahorse was stamped onto white card with Versamark and heat embossed with a mix of powders, then cut out and glued to the card with 3D glue gel.
- Finished with a bow, sparkly glitter glue and PVA pearls.