Good morning. I hope that you like this sea themed project created by layering up a stamped and cut out image over a patterned paper background.
As the theme on the Simon Says Stamp Blog Challenge (Wed) this week is ‘Layer It Up’ – I have entered this one.
- Seaside Dreams and Seashore Scenes stamp sets
- 6 X 6 inch white card blank, 6 X 6 inch background paper from Crafty Individuals (The Seaside), white stamping card
- Coloured pencils and watercolour pen (pale blue)
- Inkpads: Versafine (Onyx Black) and dye based (purple)
- Mixed embossing powders and Frantage Flakes
How it was done:
- The beach huts and sentiment were stamped with Versafine (Onyx Black) and cut out. The huts were coloured with pencils, colouring the background (sky) with pale blue watercolour pen. Colouring the background to blend with the coloured paper made cutting out easier. Dye based ink (purple) was applied with a sponge around the sentiment panel.
- The embellishments were glued to the card with 3D glue gel to give added depth. Grey pencil was used to add a drop shadow around the beach huts.
- The foreground texture was created by dropping mixed embossing powders and Frantage flakes into wet PVA glue and heating to melt and bubble.