My second is a small canvas.
The theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp Challenge is ‘add some texture’ – so I have entered this one.
- Wisteria Lane, Tranquility and Artistic Affirmations stamp sets
- 20cm square canvas board, white stamping card
- Embossing powders (yellow, pink, purple – Lindy’s Stamp Gang) and WOW (Clear Gloss)
- Viva Décor crackle colour (pearl teal)
- Ink sprays (pink, teal, purple – Lindy’s Stamp Gang)
- Inkpads: StazOn (black), Brilliance Pigment (variegated pink & blue pearl)
- Sparkle pens (pink, purple)
- Fine tipped alcohol pen (black)
- Puffy paint (green)
- Glossy Accents and silver gilding wax
- Faux gems and sequins, 3D glue gel
How it was done:
- Crackle paste was applied to the outer edges of the canvas and left to dry overnight.
- The canvas was spritzed with coloured inks. Some pink spray was also applied so that it sunk into the crackle crevices, excess being removed from the top surfaces with a damp cloth.
- Images were stamped onto the background with Brilliance Ink and embossed with clear powder. Floral stems were also stamped onto white card, embossed with coloured powders and cut out for decoupage.
- The sentiment was stamped with Stazon and quickly embossed with clear powder. Black pen was used to enhance the sentiment (the canvas is quite textured so detail doesn’t stamp well).
- Images were coloured with sparkle pen and floral stems stuck down with 3D glue gel for added depth.
- Glossy Accents was added to some of the flower heads, and dotted over the background.
- A little silver gilding wax was applied around the canvas edges and over the crackle texture.
- Puffy paint was applied along the base of the canvas and heated to give extra texture.
- Finished with lots of faux gems and sequins.