A birthday card that I made for a friend that loves pink and flowers.
The theme for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Mon) is ‘Flower Power’ – so I have entered this one.
- Big Bold Backgrounds – Belle Flower, Harlequin Rose and Rose Stem Script stamps (Chocolate Baroque); Flowering Dogwood Branches and Flowering Dogwood stamp sets(Heartfelt Creations)
- 6 X 6 inch card blank, white stamping card
- Versamark Inkpad, Versafine (Vintage Sepia)
- Embossing powders: Pale green with mica (Lindy’ Stamp Gang) and bright pink with glitter (WOW)
- Watercolour pens and water based sparkle pens (Spectrum Noir – yellow, greens and pinks)
- Fine tipped glitter pen (pink) and alcohol markers (deep pink and pale grey)
- Glossy Accents and Stickles glitter glue (Crystal)
- Large floral shaped die or template (I used Essential Flowers from Tattered Lace), Flowering Dogwood Branches and Flowering Dogwood Dies (Heartfelt Creations)
How it was done:
- I stamped the background with Versamark ink and heat embossed with green powder.
- The sentiment and border were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with the pink powder.
- I used a large floral die as a template to draw around using a fine tipped glitter pen. The background image was coloured with watercolour and glitter pens, using a damp brush to blend out colours.
- Grey alcohol marker was used to add a little shading under the sentiment plate to make it appear more 3D.
- Pink alcohol pen was used to edge the card blank and background panel before gluing down.
- Next I stamped the flowers and leaves with Versafine Ink. These were cut out with dies and coloured with watercolour pens. I used balls tools and a spongy mat to shape and add dimension to the embellishments.
- I finished by applying Glossy Accents over the sentiment plate plus extra sparkle with clear glitter glue.
Wow! this card is amazing, colors are spectacular, so bright! Design is fantastic too! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara
Thank you x