Good morning. Today I am sharing three quick and easy makes using stamps from Chocolate Baroque. These are great for batch making or for creating something in a hurry.
The theme for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Blog Challenge (Wed) is ‘Frame It’ – so I have entered this one.
A black card blank (15 X 13cm) was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white powder. The feather was embossed with aqua glitter powder onto white card, and the sentiment with white powder. The card was sprayed with water and colours dropped on (sparkle pens) and blown around by puffing through a straw. Finished with a few sparkly sequins.
My second quick make was created using the Square Bubbles background and Rose Duo stamp set along with a sentiment from I shall Be Your Wings. I used dies to cut a fancy card blank and layers in black and watercolour card.
The card blank background and sentiment were stamped with Versafine (Onyx Black). The foliage was then stamped using a multi-coloured dye based inkpad. Spritzing with water spread and softened the prints. A black alcohol marker was used to edge the card.
A strip of copy paper was then placed across the sentiment (acting as a mask) and images stamped again with Versafine, repeating the stamping without re-inking to create depth. I added a tiny die cut bird to finish the scene.
The image was stamped with Versafine onto watercolour card and very quickly coloured with watercolour pens. A little colour was added directly to the darker areas and colour dragged out using a damp brush to give quick shading.
I then covered my image and stamped the background with pale ink. I had already stamped the image onto copy paper and cut out to create a mask. You could also use special Masking Tissue, which has a tacky temporary adhesive back, to create masks. I often do this with a new stamp set keeping the masks in my stash for future use (I re-use these masks multiple times). If you don’t have masks prepared then obviously you will need a little more than 15 mins to make this one. Alternatively just randomly stamp around the background avoiding the floral image. I finished by edging with alcohol marker and faux stitching using a fine tipped pen before gluing to the card blank.