Good morning. Today I am sharing a couple of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda with the Blossom and Grow and Scrumptious Succulents stamp sets.
This one was created with a 6 X 6 inch Kraft card blank. First the flowers were stamped onto scrap copy paper and cut out to create a mask. A little Zig 2 Way glue was dotted on the back to provide a temporary tac. Alternatively you could use the special masking tissue.
The images were stamped directly onto the card blank using Versamark and embossed with detail white powder. The foreground florals were stamped first, covered with masks before stamping the background foliage.
A little texture was added using a little ‘pricking wheel’ and a ruler. Just something I have in my tools, like a mini pastry crimping texture wheel. Opaque white pen was then used to add faux stitching and dots. Light colouring was brushed over with watercolour pens, using a clear sparkle pen to dilute the colour.
The flower was stamped again onto white stamping card using Versafine (Onyx Black) and coloured with watercolour and sparkle pens. The image was trimmed out and mounted with 3D foam. Finished with PVA pearls.
My second is a wreath created with one of the small flower heads. A 6.5 X 5.5 inch textured card blank was randomly stamped using the Square Bubbles stamp and Versafine (Majestic Blue). I used various dies to cut mats and layers and to build out decorative sides to the card blank (using white and blue card). Dies: Pin Dot Decorative Circles (Tattered Lace) and Florence (Crafters Companion Die’Sire).
I used the Inkadinkadoo Stamping Gear to stamp the wreath using Versafine (Majestic Blue). This can be done manually by dividing the circle into 8 segments (mark lightly with a pencil). Tip: Stamp the first image and turn the card before stamping the next, keeping the stamp orientation the same as you go. It’s easiest to stamp the 4 quadrants first then go around again and fill in between. Practice on some copy paper.
The flowers were coloured with watercolour pens and clear sparkle pen to dilute out colour and give shading. 3D foam was used to add depth and dimension to layers.