Good morning. Today I am sharing the last of my recent Hochanda TV show samples using the Scrumptious Succulents and Blossom and Grow stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque.
The blossoms were stamped directly onto a 6 X 6 inch pink card blank using Versamark Ink and heat embossed with detail gold powder. Tip: Stamp the four corners first by stamping then turning the card and stamping again, keeping the stamp and block in the same orientation. Then repeat the process stamping the other blossom in between. I used the Tim Holtz Stamping Press (Tonic) to make this really quick and easy. It is not essential to use a stamp press but it will make it much easier.
The blossoms were coloured with Distress Oxide Ink (Carved Pumpkin), green and gold sparkle pens and a damp brush. Metallic orange/silver and gold gel pens (Pentel and Sakura) were used to add highlights to the flowers.
Next I created a stamp mask by stamping the cactus onto scrap copy paper and cutting out. I used a few dots of Zig 2 Way glue to give a tacky temporary stick to the reverse to hold the masks in place while stamping. Alternatively you could use the special Masking Tissue to create masks.
The cacti were then stamped onto white stamping card using Versafine (Vintage Sepia), covering images with masks as required so that some images appear to be behind the foreground stamped images. The sentiment was stamped onto pink card.
The cacti were coloured using watercolour pencils and a damp brush to smooth and blend the colour. The topper was then cut out and lightly shaped to give dimension before sticking to the card with foam pads.
The sentiment was cut out using a small decorative panel die. A little Distress Oxide was used to colour the edges. This was mounted with 3D glue gel along with a small die cut flower and sprigs (Tattered Lace).
My next sample was stamped onto a patterned paper using Versafine (Onyx Black). Again I used masks where needed to build up the scene (prepared as above). Coloured with pencils and added a little yellow glaze gel pen (Sakura) to the blossom stamens.
The panel was edged with black alcohol marker to frame before mounting onto white card and gluing to the green card blank (6 X 6 inch).
For my next sample I dug out an inky background paper from my stash. This one was created with ink sprays and Brusho powders. I thought that it would make a lovely tropical background for a scene.
A background panel was created in the same way as my first sample but using Distress Ink (Old Paper) for a subtle effect. A little clear sparkle pen was used to add petal highlights. The panel was edged with green alcohol marker to frame and mounted onto green card before gluing to the card front (6 X 6 inch).
The scene was built up, stamping with Versafine Ink (Onyx Black) onto the coloured panel, using masks where needed (made from copy paper as given above). Images were coloured with Distress Oxide Ink (Carved Pumpkin), watercolour and sparkle pens. The panel was edged with black alcohol marker to frame and glued to the card front with foam pads for added depth.
I had so much fun with these gorgeous stamp sets.
Happy stamping x.