Decorative border die (Crafters Companion Die’sire)
How it was made:
The border panel was cut from hammered card and glued to the card front.
The pink card was trimmed to fit and the sentiment stamped with Versamark and embossed with white powder. Faux stitching and little dots in the background were added with white pen.
The poppies were stamped onto watercolour card, ‘inking’ the stamp with the pink and green watercolour pens. To get the lovely watercolour effect the card was spritzed with water to get the stamping colours to bleed slightly. Brusho crystals were then dropped onto the background.
After drying the image was overstamped using Versafine (Vintage Sepia) to bring back some definition. I used a black pen to enhance some of the stamped outlines. More colour was added using watercolour pens and a damp brush. The sentiment was stamped with black ink.
The image was trimmed and glue to the card front. Finished the card with a few PVA pearls and yes …. obligatory glitter glue. Just cannot help myself x.
Good morning. Here is a sneaky peek at some of my samples created for Chocolate Baroque. Lesley Wharton will be bringing some lovely stamp sets to Hochanda TV tomorrow (Freeview Channel 85 or watch live online from their website). I think that the shows are scheduled for 4pm and 7pm – check their schedule for confirmation xxx.
Good morning. I had so much fun creating a fantasy world with the Steampunk themed stamps recently featured on Hochanda. Today I am sharing one of my show samples. I just love this sentiment verse and the fun sentiments that come with these stamp sets.
Electronic cutting files were used to cut the bats (Silhouette), spiders (JM Rush Silhouette Store) and ferns (Tattered Lace Brother ScanNCut USB). The skeletons and vines (Sheena Douglass), and Pumpkin (Sizzix) were cut using dies.
This was one of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda featuring the lovely Fantasy Woodland stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I couldn’t help seeing the pattern for half an eye in one of the tree tops, and so couldn’t resist making something a little dark and spooky. I had a bit of fun with this one.
Background texture was created by applying clear and glitter gel, plus acrylic paint, through the stencil. When dry I applied gilding wax over the scaly texture.
Lettering was created by applying opaque paste through the stencil. I made a bit of a mess as I got some paste seeping under the stencil. When dry I tidied and sharpened up the letter edging by using a black alcohol marker (mess saved).
The edges were stamped and rubbed over with gold acrylic paint.
The text was stamped with Versafine and trimmed away from the full stamp sentiment. Edged with Distress Ink and applied with 3D glue gel.
The eye was created by stamping the tree top twice (turning the stamp 180 degrees) with Versafine. Note the centre needs to be overlapped slightly to create a circle shape. I then cut out using a circle die and used a black marker to colour around the edge and to draw the pointed pupil shape.
The eye was coloured with water based inks and then heat embossed with clear gloss powder. I added several repeat layers of embossing until I got a smooth shiny glass eye effect. Glue to the card with 3D gel.
The archway was cut from black card and brushed over with gilding wax to give a metallic effect.
The tree was stamped onto watercolour card with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder. The card was then spritzed and sprinkled with Brusho powders to create a background. The topper was glued behind the archway and trimmed to fit.
The tree scene and sentiment was stamped onto stamping card with Versafine. The scene was extended to the edges using the fine tipped pen. The background was coloured lightly with Distress Inks and edged with the brown marker. The sun was created using the stencil.
The arch was glued to the card topper with 3D gel for added depth.
Finished with a little Glossy Accents on the arch, and PVA pearls.