Good morning. This was one of my recent show samples using the Flora Musica stamp from Chocolate Baroque.
- Flora Musica stamp
- White card blank (10.5 X 15cm), black card, pink metallic card, decorative background paper (blue/lilac)
- Versamark Inkpad
- WOW Embossing Powder (Gold Rich)
- Fine tipped pen (black)
- Gouache paints (white)
- Watercolour pens (Spectrum Aqua – pink, burgundy)
- Sparkle pen (Spectrum Noir – green)
- Pebeo Gilding Wax (Empire Gold)
- Oval die (Tattered Lace), Decorative frame die (Tonic) and harlequin embossing folder
How to make it:
- Trim and emboss the black card with the harlequin embossing folder. Lightly rub over with gilding wax and glue to the card front. Add faux stitching with the fine tipped pen.
- Stamp the Flora Musica onto patterned paper and heat emboss with gold powder. The embossing makes colouring really quick and easy. Colour with watercolour and sparkle pens and drag out colour with a damp brush. Use some white gouache to add highlights. Gouache paints are semi opaque so are great for covering over patterned or precoloured areas. Note: the watercolour beneath will dissolve and move when painted over with wet media and so will tint the white gouache.
- Cut out the topper, edge with a little gilding wax, and mount onto decorative mat cut from metallic card. Glue to the card front using 3D foam for added depth.