I have so loved the colour challenge this month that I couldn’t stop! Here is another for you. I have also been brave and finally used my Gelli Plate for printing the background. I don’t know what I was scared of – fabulous fun!
I cannot wait to see what you all come up with this month.
Happy stamping, Anne xxx.
- Diamante Delights and Texture Fragments stamp sets
- 7X7 card blank, cartridge paper and smooth white stamping card
- 6X6 inch Gelli Printing Plate and brayer
- Trellis stencil
- Alcohol markers (black, lime, turquoise, light and dark purple)
- Fine tipped marker (dark purple)
- Acrylic paints (lime, pale and dark purple, teal)
- Memento Inkpad (Tuxedo Black)
- PVA pearls (turquoise)
- Stickles glitter glue (Diamond) and fine clear glitter
- Glossy Accents
- 3D glue gel and foam pads
- Leaves and flowers made with paper clay and moulds
Step By Step:
- Stamp the gelli plate directly with the texture stamp using pale purple and lime acrylic paints. Leave to dry.
- Apply a layer of teal paint with a brayer. Use the stamp to quickly lift off some of the paint, then place down the trellis stencil. Leave to dry.
- Lift the stencil and quickly take a print from the plate onto scrap paper. The dry paint will not be removed but the paint under the stencil will lift off leaving behind a dry paint layer with a clear trellis.
- Apply the dark purple paint with a brayer and take a print onto the cartridge paper. The whole plate should now print creating the lovely background panel.
- When dry further emphasise the trellis by drawing around with the fine tipped marker. Add Glossy Accents to some of the flowers and sprinkle with the fine glitter.
- Stamp the texture with lime paint onto another sheet of cartridge paper. Trim to mount onto the card front. Also cut 4 thin strips to apply onto the card front. Trim the Gelli plate print. Edge all card pieces with black marker and glue onto the card front.
- Stamp the large flower with memento onto white stamping card. Colour with alcohol markers and cut out. Glue to the card front with 3D foam pads. Add Glossy Accents to create shine on the gems.
- Use 3D glue gel to apply the paper clay leaves and flowers. Finish with PVA pearls and Stickles glitter glue.