This was one of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda featuring the lovely Fantasy Woodland stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I couldn’t help seeing the pattern for half an eye in one of the tree tops, and so couldn’t resist making something a little dark and spooky. I had a bit of fun with this one.
- Fantasy Woodland and Birthday Words stamp sets
- Seasonal Elements and Seasonal Journey stencils, plus a texture stencil for ‘scales’
- 14cm card blank, black card, white stamping card
- Ink sprays with mica (teal, copper)
- Texture pastes: Viva Décor Kristall Gel (Hologram glitter and clear gel) and opaque acrylic texture paste (Pebeo Concrete)
- Gilding wax (copper gold)
- Acrylic paint (metallic gold and light metallic teal)
- Alcohol marker (black)
- Water based inks (red, yellow, teal green)
- Inkpads: Versafine (Onyx Black), Distress Ink (Scattered Straw), Versamark
- WOW heat embossing powder (Clear Gloss)
How it was made:
- I spritzed the black card with mica sprays.
- Background texture was created by applying clear and glitter gel, plus acrylic paint, through the stencil. When dry I applied gilding wax over the scaly texture.
- Lettering was created by applying opaque paste through the stencil. I made a bit of a mess as I got some paste seeping under the stencil. When dry I tidied and sharpened up the letter edging by using a black alcohol marker (mess saved).
- The edges were stamped and rubbed over with gold acrylic paint.
- The text was stamped with Versafine and trimmed away from the full stamp sentiment. Edged with Distress Ink and applied with 3D glue gel.
- The eye was created by stamping the tree top twice (turning the stamp 180 degrees) with Versafine. Note the centre needs to be overlapped slightly to create a circle shape. I then cut out using a circle die and used a black marker to colour around the edge and to draw the pointed pupil shape.
- The eye was coloured with water based inks and then heat embossed with clear gloss powder. I added several repeat layers of embossing until I got a smooth shiny glass eye effect. Glue to the card with 3D gel.