I really struggle with watercolour painting and it has been a few years since I tried a full painting. I tend to use strong pigment mixes so my style is probably more like a gouache style, but unlike gouache watercolour is very unforgiving of mistakes. This one was really hard work and it almost went it in the bin several times – but I stuck with it. Reasonably happy with the results.
I do try to restrict my colour palette to a minimum and to mix colours from primaries where possible. I find the results tie together and stay fresher this way.
In this one I used: Ultramarine, Cerulean Blue, Cadmium Red, Lemon Yellow, Yellow Ochre and Paynes Grey.