Dies: Venetian Lace Layering set (Tonic), flower pot (Trimcraft Pots & Vases), Butterfly (Sizzix)
How it was done:
Kraft card was trimmed and mounted onto the card front and faux stitching added with fine tipped pen.
The lace mats were cut from pink card and decorative background paper glued in place. The butterfly was also cut from pink card. Sentiments were stamped with Distress Ink.
The flower pot was cut from pearl brown card and lightly shaped before gluing with 3D glue gel.
The flowers were stamped with Memento Ink and coloured with alcohol pens. The floral spray and individual flowers were cut out for decoupage, lightly shaped before gluing down using 3D glue gel. A little clar sparkle pen was brushed over the flowers for sparkle.
The bumble bees were stamped with Versafine, coloured with watercolour pens and cut out.
Yellow Flowersoft was glued into the flower centres, green onto some of the leaves and onto the foreground (to ‘ground’ the pots).
Finished with touches of glitter glue for added sparkle.
Brown, green and gold inks were picked up from left over inks on my craft mat (spritzed with water). I try to do this with any leftovers so that I collect some inked background papers to use in future projects. I thought that this one would make a nice base for a landscape.
I stamped the sign post, trees and bushes onto scrap copy paper and cut them out to create masks for stamping. I applied a couple of dots of zig glue to the backs and left to dry (it dries clear to give a removable tac). I then keep the masks in my stash as they can be reused many times. Chocolate Baroque also do masking tissue which already has a cling back for this purpose.
I stamped the scene with Versafine working from the foreground, masking images before working images further back.
At this stage it looks a bit of a mess. The fine tipped pen was then used to draw in elements to ‘make sense’ of the scene.
Colouring was added using watercolour pens, dragging out colour with a damp brush to give shading. A sinking sun was drawn on with a brush and water, and colour blotted away. A little clear sparkle pen was added for shimmer. The card was edged with alcohol maker to frame.
Ink sprays with mica, sparkle and watercolour pens (pinks, teals, lilacs)
Fine tipped alcohol pen (black)
Glitter glue (pale aqua and lilac)
Viva Décor glitter paste (teal) and modelling paste (pale aqua)
Decorative oval frame die
How to make it:
Stamp the image onto stamping card with Versafine and heat emboss with clear powder. Colour with water based pens.
Randomly Spritz the canvas background and cover with UTEE while wet. Heat to melt. I wanted a bit of a random texture rather than smooth glass effect. If you want more texture pour a bit more powder onto the hot UTEE and melt. Ink the sentiment with StazOn and press into the molten UTEE. Leave until it sets before peeling away. I found the image was a little feint so darkened using an alcohol pen – drawing into the impressed lettering.
Apply the glitter paste with a palette knife onto the background using the leaf stencil. Apply modelling paste through the butterfly stencil. Leave to dry.
Lightly spritz the watercolour card with inks (you want it to be lighter than the canvas background so that it stands out). Cut out the frame with the decorative die and apply some ink to the edges with a sponge to define. Trim the main image to fit behind the frame and glue together. Mount onto the canvas with 3D foam.
Here is another quick and easy card using a ready made aperture card and the flower stamp from the Spring Fairies April set (recently featured on Hochanda TV). I stamped onto watercolour card, colouring the stamp directly with watercolour pens. To activate the ink I lightly spritzed it with water just before stamping. I then used a damp brush to drag out some of the colour.
Good morning. Today I am sharing some quick and easy Christmas card makes. Great for batch making or to get some extras done quickly – make in under 15 mins each. Create them in a multitude of colours so everyone will receive something different and original.
I created these 6 X 6 inch cards using the Sparkling Trees stamp set. The images were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with various colours of powder. The backgrounds were then quickly coloured with Distress Inks using CutNDry foam. The baubles were coloured with glitter pens. I used peel off sentiments, PVA pearls and Glossy Accents on the baubles to finish.
I created these A6 cards using the Christmas Tree Tangle stamp. The images were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with various colours of powder. The backgrounds were then quickly coloured with Distress Inks using CutNDry foam or with ink spritzers. Some quick colouring was added to the trees with glitter pens or Distress Inks and a damp brush. I added peel off sentiments and stars to finish.
Peel off sentiments and stars (white, black, gold and silver)
How to make them:
Stamp the images with Versamark on plain or printed paper. Heat emboss with powder.
Quickly colour by sponging with Distress Inks. Splash with water and dab off with tissue to add texture if desired. This lifts off the Distress Ink. Alternatively use ink spritzers to colour. Mine are permanent when dry (acrylic type) so I spritzed with opaque white to add texture.
Colour the baubles on the sparkle trees with glitter pens. Add little highlights with the white pen. This makes them look more 3D. Add some areas of colour onto the Tangle Trees either with darker coloured Distress Ink and a damp brush, or with glitter pens.
Edge the cards with alcohol ink marker to frame and glue to card front.
Finally stick on the peel off sentiments and stars, add PVA pearls, and Glossy Accents to the tree baubles.