Good morning – I love stamping directly onto pretty background papers to produce quick and easy cards – great if you need to put something together in a hurry. I have created 2 variations using the Patchwork Butterfly stamp from Chocolate Baroque with one of the pretty background papers from Crafty Individuals (Book 5 – Travels in Italy). I stamped the butterflies and heat embossed them with pink sparkly embossing powder, then quickly coloured with watercolour and glitter pens. To give them a bit more depth I added a quick drop shadow around them using pencil. To finish I added a few highlights with white gel pen and a little glitter glue for added sparkle.
- Patchwork Butterfly stamp set
- 6 X 6 inch white card blank
- 6 X 6 inch backing paper from Crafty Individuals (Book 5 – Travels in Italy)
- Versamark Inkpad
- WOW embossing powder (Florida Sunset – pink with gold glitter)
- Alcohol markers (dark green, dark red)
- Watercolour and glitter pens (green and yellow, purple and pink)
- Opaque gel pen (white)
- Pencil (grey)
- Clear glitter glue and PVA pearls
How to make it:
- Trim the paper slightly to fit the card and edge with alcohol pen to frame.
- Stamp the butterfly with Versamark ink and heat emboss with glitter powder.
- Quickly colour with watercolour and glitter pens – the embossed areas resist the pens so colouring is really quick and easy. Add some highlights with white pen.
- Outline with pencil to add a drop shadow and make the butterflies stand out from the background.
- Glue to the card front and add glitter glue and PVA pearls to finish.