My first is a surreal dreamlike scene using the pretty rose tree as the main focal point.
The theme of this week’s Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Wed) is ‘use more than one stamp’ – so I have entered this one.
- Rose Tree and Essence of Nature stamp sets
- 19.5cm X 14.5cm card blank, black card, white card (for backing), acetate (recycled packaging) and waste copy paper (to create masks)
- Clear double sided sticky sheet
- StazOn Inkpad (Jet Black)
- Alcohol ink pens and opaque white marker
- Bulb spritzer attachment to spray ink pen (similar to Ranger Distress Marker Spritzer)
- Nail varnish remover
- Glitters (green, gold and crystal)
- Viva Décor Kristall Gel (Holographic)
- Hexagon dies (Tonic)
How it was done:
- The scene was stamped onto the acetate using StazOn ink.
- Colouring was added to the reverse using alcohol ink pens. Strips of copy paper were used as a mask and alcohol ink spritzed using a bulb attachment for pens. Basically air is blown across the pen tip by squeezing the bulb, creating a spray. Some colour was dabbed away from the sky area using nail varnish remover.
- Double sided sticky sheet was then placed on the back and coloured glitters were dropped onto the scene, burnishing into the sticky sheet using a finger.
- A die was then used to cut out a hexagon shape from the centre of the scene. A little Kristall Gel was applied to the background panel for added texture and sparkle.
- White card was trimmed and glued to the back to make the images stand out. These were then backed with black card to create a border around the background and hexagon cut shape. White faux stitching was added to frame the images.
My second project uses the lovely butterfly tree as the main focus to create another dreamy scene.
- Essence of Nature stamp set
- 15cm square card blank, cartridge paper, metallic satin card (blue/silver), pink vellum
- Versamark Inkpad and pen
- Embossing powders (aqua sparkle and detail white)
- Ink spritzers (pink and green) and sparkle brush pens (deep pink and clear)
- Stickles glitter glue (Diamond) and PVA pearls (pink)
- Large decorative square die (Tonic)
How it was done:
- The background was created using ink spritzers. The image was stamped with Versamark, embossed with sparkly powder and coloured with sparkle pens. The embossing pen was used to draw in extra hills extending the scene and anchoring the tree.
- The image was stamped again onto the vellum, embossed with white powder. The butterflies were cut out, shaped and glued onto the tree.
- The image was then framed with the decorative die cut and finished with glitter glue and PVA pearls.
Happy stamping, Anne xxx.