It’s week four of the Chocolate Baroque Challenge and there is a new freebie digital paper available for you to download. I used mine to create a birthday card for a friend. I hope that you like it.
- Diamante Delights and Mackintosh Sentiments stamp sets
- 8” X 8” Kraft card blank
- Cream lightweight stamping card and the digital paper printed twice onto A4
- Alcohol ink pens (pale blue and green, purple/pink and golden yellow)
- Inkpads: Versamark and Distress Ink (Seedless Preserves)
- Fine gold embossing powder, purple/pink PVA pearls and crystal glitter glue
- Adhesive and 3D glue gel
- Dies to cut out the sentiments
Brief instructions on how to make it:
- Ink the card edges and mount one of the digital printed papers.
- Stamp stems, leaves, flowers and sentiments on both cream card and the printed paper. Heat emboss with gold powder. Note: You need to work quickly when embossing on coated inkjet card as the Versamark sinks into the card – making the embossing patchy and uneven.
- Cut out various elements and add colour with alcohol pens and Distress Ink. Layer up the flowers and shape with a ball tool.
- Glue elements to the card front, embellish with PVA pearls, and finish with glitter sparkle on the flowers.
Good morning. I have another spooky project to share with you using the new Hocus Pocus and Put a Spell a On You stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque. This time I have made a Flip Flop card where the topper panel flips to reveal the sentiment as you pull the card open. I hope that you like it.
How to make it:
- Spray a piece of stamping card approx. A5 in size with inks, drop on dishwasher salt and leave to dry. I used stained salt so it gave more random flecks of colour.
- Score and cut the card to create the flip flop opening panel. I used a die set but you could hand score and cut. The flip flop panel is approx. 7cm square. The score lines are approx. 6.5 and 9cm in from the right hand side. You can see where to cut and score in the opened card picture.
- Stamp the tree and bats with StazOn and complete the landscape using a fine black marker.
- Cut a topper approx. 7cm square. Stamp the cat scene, colour with pencil and brown marker, edge with Distress Ink and draw faux stitching with black marker.
- Cut another topper approx. 6cm square. Stamp the sentiment, bats and twigs. Edge with black marker.
- Cut a strip approx. 1cm wide and randomly stamp with the spider. Also stamp a mini topper approx. 3.5cm square with the bird. Ink the edges with Distress Ink and black marker.
- Mount the toppers (I used foam pads for the cat image), add Glossy Accents to the bird and cat, and finish with some PVA pearls.
I am having so much fun creating these spooky projects. I hope that you are enjoying all the lovely projects from the Design team as much as I am.