I have two cards to share with you today using the lovely new floral collage stamps – Floral Musica and Harlequin Bouquet.
I hope that you like the new stamps this month as much as we all have on the DT.
Happy crafting, Anne x.
- Harlequin Bouquet, Floral Musica, Mackintosh Sentiments and Butterfly Poppy Collage stamp sets
- Turquoise A5 and 7 X 7 cream card blanks, watercolour card, and plain card in cream, purple, pale blue and gold
- Versafine Inkpad (Black Onyx), Distress Inkpads (Seedless Preserves and Tumbled Glass)
- Alcohol pen and fine tipped marker (black)
- Pebeo Drawing Gum
- Watercolour marker pens (pinks, blues, greens, purples and yellow)
- PVA pearls (aqua and gold), organza ribbon (aqua), glitter glue (aqua) and gilding wax (gold)
- Dies to cut toppers and foliage, and ready-made floral embellishments
- Script and harlequin embossing folders
How it was done:
The images were stamped onto watercolour card with Versamark (Black Onyx). They were then masked with Pebeo Drawing Gum. I love this masking fluid. It is so easy to apply, and remove. Also brushes are cleaned easily with water.
The background washes were created by scribbling ink onto my glass mat and picking up with a wet brush and painting onto dampened card.
The masking fluid was then removed and the flowers coloured with watercolour markers, using a damp brush to blend.
The images were then cut out with dies. Seedless Preserves Distress Ink was blended in from around the edges to frame.
The topper was edged with black pen and a little glitter.
Pale blue card was embossed with harlequin texture on the top left and bottom right corners. The flat areas of the background were stamped using the floral stamp and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. Faux stitching was added with black marker. Seedless Preserves Distress Ink was blended in from the edges. Organza ribbon was attached and the mat glued to the card front. The topper was attached with foam pads for added depth.
The butterflies were stamped onto pale blue card, coloured with watercolour pens, cut out and glued to the card front. The card was finished with a little more glitter glue and PVA pearls.
The topper was edged with black pen and a little gilding wax.
Cream and purple card were embossed with a script embossing folder. The dark card was sanded back to enhance the texture. Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and a little gilding wax were then used to further enhance the texture. The pieces were glued to the card front.
The sentiment was stamped onto a die cut tag using pink and purple watercolour pens to give varied shades when stamped.
Foliage was cut from gold card and glued to the card front along with ready made flowers and butterflies (these were in my CB Stash Box special offer that was recently available). The topper and tag were attached with 3D foam.
The card was finished with faux stitching and some gold PVA pearls.