Good morning. Today I am sharing a small canvas created with the lovely floral collage stamp (Harlequin Bouquet) from Chocolate Baroque.
- Harlequin Bouquet, Loving Sentiments
- Useful Leaves stencil, Kaleidoscope of Butterflies stencil
- 20cm square canvas board, white stamping and watercolour card (or thick cartridge paper)
- Inkpads: Versafine (Onyx Black), StazOn (Black)
- WOW Embossing Powder (Clear Gloss)
- Ultra thick embossing enamel (UTEE clear)
- Ink sprays with mica, sparkle and watercolour pens (pinks, teals, lilacs)
- Fine tipped alcohol pen (black)
- Glitter glue (pale aqua and lilac)
- Viva Décor glitter paste (teal) and modelling paste (pale aqua)
- Decorative oval frame die
How to make it:
- Stamp the image onto stamping card with Versafine and heat emboss with clear powder. Colour with water based pens.
- Randomly Spritz the canvas background and cover with UTEE while wet. Heat to melt. I wanted a bit of a random texture rather than smooth glass effect. If you want more texture pour a bit more powder onto the hot UTEE and melt. Ink the sentiment with StazOn and press into the molten UTEE. Leave until it sets before peeling away. I found the image was a little feint so darkened using an alcohol pen – drawing into the impressed lettering.
- Apply the glitter paste with a palette knife onto the background using the leaf stencil. Apply modelling paste through the butterfly stencil. Leave to dry.
- Lightly spritz the watercolour card with inks (you want it to be lighter than the canvas background so that it stands out). Cut out the frame with the decorative die and apply some ink to the edges with a sponge to define. Trim the main image to fit behind the frame and glue together. Mount onto the canvas with 3D foam.
- Finish with touches of glitter glue.