A birthday card that I made for a friend that loves pink and flowers.
The theme for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Mon) is ‘Flower Power’ – so I have entered this one.
- Big Bold Backgrounds – Belle Flower, Harlequin Rose and Rose Stem Script stamps (Chocolate Baroque); Flowering Dogwood Branches and Flowering Dogwood stamp sets(Heartfelt Creations)
- 6 X 6 inch card blank, white stamping card
- Versamark Inkpad, Versafine (Vintage Sepia)
- Embossing powders: Pale green with mica (Lindy’ Stamp Gang) and bright pink with glitter (WOW)
- Watercolour pens and water based sparkle pens (Spectrum Noir – yellow, greens and pinks)
- Fine tipped glitter pen (pink) and alcohol markers (deep pink and pale grey)
- Glossy Accents and Stickles glitter glue (Crystal)
- Large floral shaped die or template (I used Essential Flowers from Tattered Lace), Flowering Dogwood Branches and Flowering Dogwood Dies (Heartfelt Creations)
How it was done:
- I stamped the background with Versamark ink and heat embossed with green powder.
- The sentiment and border were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with the pink powder.
- I used a large floral die as a template to draw around using a fine tipped glitter pen. The background image was coloured with watercolour and glitter pens, using a damp brush to blend out colours.
- Grey alcohol marker was used to add a little shading under the sentiment plate to make it appear more 3D.
- Pink alcohol pen was used to edge the card blank and background panel before gluing down.
- Next I stamped the flowers and leaves with Versafine Ink. These were cut out with dies and coloured with watercolour pens. I used balls tools and a spongy mat to shape and add dimension to the embellishments.
- I finished by applying Glossy Accents over the sentiment plate plus extra sparkle with clear glitter glue.