Stamp the background card randomly with black ink. Note: I used StazOn as my card blank was shiny (if you are using mat card then Versafine will be ok).
Trim the stamping card to fit the front leaving a border and edge with black pen. Draw a circle lightly in pencil and divide into quarters. Stamp using 3 small stamps on the block at the same time and Versafine, turning the card between stamping and stamping into each corner to create a wreath design. Tip: Lay your stamps onto the card placing them around your drawn circle and then pick them up onto your acrylic block. A gridded acrylic block will help you to line up while repeat stamping. Note: This can also be done with a stamping gear if you have one, or using a stamp platform, turning the card 90 degrees between each stamping. Do a quick practice on copy paper to get the placement. You need to leave enough space for the sentiment in the middle. This sounds complicate but it really is easy – honest.
Stamp the sentiment with Versafine and colour the images with sparkle pens. Glue to the card front.
Note: I used a ready made background paper from my stash. I created it by painting with water based inks and dropping dishwasher salt granules onto the ink while still wet. This was then left to fully dry before brushing off the salt. These are so quick and easy to make and I tend to do a batch of them so I always have some backgrounds in my stash. You could use a commercial printed paper instead.
Trim the patterned paper to fit behind the card aperture and stamp the images with Versamark Ink. Heat emboss with white powder.
Stick behind the aperture and colour the butterfly with the gold pen and add faux stitching around the border for sparkle.
Decorative border die (Crafters Companion Die’sire)
How it was made:
The border panel was cut from hammered card and glued to the card front.
The pink card was trimmed to fit and the sentiment stamped with Versamark and embossed with white powder. Faux stitching and little dots in the background were added with white pen.
The poppies were stamped onto watercolour card, ‘inking’ the stamp with the pink and green watercolour pens. To get the lovely watercolour effect the card was spritzed with water to get the stamping colours to bleed slightly. Brusho crystals were then dropped onto the background.
After drying the image was overstamped using Versafine (Vintage Sepia) to bring back some definition. I used a black pen to enhance some of the stamped outlines. More colour was added using watercolour pens and a damp brush. The sentiment was stamped with black ink.
The image was trimmed and glue to the card front. Finished the card with a few PVA pearls and yes …. obligatory glitter glue. Just cannot help myself x.
This one was inspired by Ruth Sadler. I had a play after watching her demos on Hochanda.
The background was coloured with acrylics plus a bit of texture paste through a stencil (Sheena Douglass). I used my Tec glue gun and various coloured glues (turquoise, glitter green and blue). I also threw in some sequins, seed beads and glass nuggets. I added a little Pebeo gilding wax (silver) to finish.
Good morning. Here is a sneaky peek at some of my samples created for Chocolate Baroque. Lesley Wharton will be bringing some lovely stamp sets to Hochanda TV tomorrow (Freeview Channel 85 or watch live online from their website). I think that the shows are scheduled for 4pm and 7pm – check their schedule for confirmation xxx.
Good morning. I had so much fun creating a fantasy world with the Steampunk themed stamps recently featured on Hochanda. Today I am sharing one of my show samples. I just love this sentiment verse and the fun sentiments that come with these stamp sets.