Here is my first contribution to Chocolate Baroques Colour Challenge 32 this month.
I came up with this after playing with my Inkadinkadoo stamping gear (circular wheel) – I hope that you like it.
Looking forward to seeing your entries x
- Sticks & Stones, Just Butterflies, Butterfly Blush, Words to Dazzle & Sparkle stamp sets
- Card: White for card blank, white stamping card and copper mirror card
- Inkadinkadoo stamping gear (circular wheel)
- Inkpads: Versamark, Distress (Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass), metallic pigment (copper)
- WOW embossing powders: Clear and Copper
- Ink spritzers: pale blue with mica (Lindy’s Stamp Gang)
- Water based sparkle pens (Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens)
- Fine tipped pen (pale blue)
- Glitter glue (copper) and PVA pearls (copper)
- Dies: decorative circles (Tattered Lace – Pin Dot Decorative Circles), twigs (Spellbinders Blossom)
How it was made:
- I created the wreath using the stamping gear and the Sticks & Stones stamp set with green Distress Inks. I stamped the butterflies and sentiment with copper pigment ink and heat embossed with clear powder. Similar can be achieved by drawing a circle and dividing it into 8 sections. Keeping the stamp orientation steady, stamp and turn the card between each stamping, or just work more freely around a circle.
- The background was spritzed with pale blue ink. I cut out the topper and created a circular card using scalloped circle dies. I used the fine tipped pen to draw faux stitching and edged the card with blue Distress Ink.
- The butterfly was stamped and embossed with copper powder and coloured with sparkle pens. I cut then cut it out and shaped for added dimension. Twigs were cut from mirror card.
- I finished with the copper PVA pearls and a few dots of glitter glue for sparkle.