I made this card for a friend on her 91st birthday. I combined papers from the Heartfelt Creations Cut Mat Create Collection with stamps and dies from the Birds and Blooms Collection. Shaping of the die cuts added dimension and depth. The little birdies sitting amongst the floral branches just look so cute.
Heartfelt Creations Materials:
- Cut Mat Create Paper Collection (HCDP1-245)
- Birds and Blooms stamp set (HCPC-3644)
- Leafy Branch stamp set (HCPC-3645)
- Luggage and Tags die set (HCD1-745)
- Birds and Blooms die set (HCD1-756)
- Leafy Branch die set (HCD1-757)
- Flower Shaping Essentials (HCST2-406)
- Memento Inkpad Tuxedo Black (TSMP900)
Other Materials used:
- A5 white card blank (approx. 8.25 inch x 5.75inch, 21 X 15cm)
- Medium weight white card for mat and die cuts
- Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large die set
- Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers (Crafters Companion) – blues TB1 and 3, browns EB2 and 3, yellow CT3, greens DG1 and 3, plus alcohol blender
- Distress Inkpad (Stormy Sky)
- Clear glitter glue, Glossy Accents (Ranger) and PVA pearls (pale blue)
- PVA glue and 3D glue gel
How to make it:
- Cut the 7 X 5 inch panel and small square tile from the Cut Mat Create Paper. Coat the tile with Glossy Accents.
- Use the tag die to cut the small sentiment tags, and Spellbinders oval die to cut the oval panel from the paper. I cut an extra small tag from white card to personalise my card (handwritten 91 today).
- Cut a mat from white card and mount the 5 X 7 panel. Ink the edges of the mat and oval with Distress Ink. Glue to the Card front.
- Stamp the birdies, leaves, branches, flowers and floral branch onto white card. Colour using alcohol markers. Colour outside of the stamped lines to avoid white edges showing after they have been die cut.
- Cut out all the stamped elements with the matching dies and shape using a ball tool and mat. Glue to the card front with 3D glue gel, along with the sentiment tags.
- Finish with touches of glitter glue and PVA pearls.