Stamp the large corner stamp onto each of the 4 corners of the card blank. It is easiest to turn your card 90 degrees between stamping. An acrylic block with grid markings also helps to align the stamp straight with the edge of the card. I used the Tim Holtz stamping platform which made the pattern stamping really easy. Simply stamped, turned the card on the platform (butting it up against the platform ridges) and stamped again. It is not essential to use a stamping platform or alignment tool but it does make it so easy and quick. No hovering and aiming.
Edge the card with blue marker to frame and draw faux stitching with the fine tipped pen.
Trim the next panel to 13cm square and stamp using the smaller corner stamp. Add the faux stitching and layer onto the dark blue card. Glue to the card front with foam pads for added dimension.
Trim the next panel to 11.5cm and stamp the small corner stamp into the centre. It may help to draw pencil cross hairs to help alignment. The little sticky out swirls also help you see where you are going and help align the stamps square.
Stamp the sentiment into the space in the middle. This is quite easy to align with the clear stamp. Trim off the corners (at 45 degrees) to create the octagonal shape. Note: not all the sides are equal, 4 sides are a little shorter than the other 4. Add the faux stitching and mount onto blue card. Attach to the card front with foam pads.
Pens: Fine tipped (black), Sakura 3D glaze (red), Spectrum Noir sparkle overlay (clear), thick marker (black), watercolour (red)
How to make it:
Trim the stamping card to fit onto the card front. Mask the border using a strip of copy paper (tip: cut the strip wider than the card and tape to craft mat at either side).
Repeat stamp the image across the card front.
Remove the mask, stamp the sentiment and draw the border edges with black pen and a ruler. Colour the bottom edge with 3D glaze gel pen.
Edge the topper with black marker to frame and glue to the card front.
Stamp another flower onto scrap card, colour quickly with watercolour pen (don’t worry about staying within the lines – just scribble over to colour). Cut out the flower, shape slightly and glue to card front.
Finish with clear sparkle pen over the background flowers, and by drawing faux gems and shiny detail on coloured flower with 3D glaze gel pen.
Good morning. Today I am sharing another of my show samples for Chocolate Baroque using another of the lovely stamps recently featured on Hochanda. This is also a quick and easy one using the Floral Harmony stamp.
Stamp and heat emboss the image and sentiment with white powder.
Spray over the image with ink sprays, spraying more pink ink over the flower. While the ink is still wet drag out the colour over the stamped image using a damp brush. The embossed line makes this quick and easy. Use a little extra water and blotting with tissue where the colour needs lifting out and lightening.
Drag some of the ink out across the base to anchor the image. I used a hair dryer to speed up the drying (a heat gun can bleach out some of the colour and may re-melt the embossing).
Outline the topper with burgundy pen to frame and glue to the card front.
Good morning. Today I am sharing another of my TV show samples (Hochanda) created using the Russian Floral Egg stamp from Chocolate Baroque.
It started off as a completely different project. I wanted to create an opulent golden Easter egg with an aged effect. I stamped the egg onto mirror card and covered it with Ranger Crackle Accents. I was hoping that it would give me a crackle background which I could paint over with brown acrylic, wipe off the surface, and leave an aged effect. However, the crackle didn’t develop as expected. All I got was a few deep crackles and not the crazed crackle effect that I was after. Obviously Crackle Accents doesn’t work too well on shiny mirror surfaces. So I learned something new.
I decided to cut out a tag shape from my ‘disaster’ and mount it onto a card front. I added a bit of colour using alcohol pens, and stamped the crackle effect on top using the background stamp and StazOn ink.
I partially stamped the egg onto the orange background mat, coloured with sparkle pens (spritzed & splattered background), and added more texture and crackle by stamping with gold paint.
Good morning. Here is my first contribution for the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge No. 33.
The images were stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold powder. The edges were distressed (using the edge of scissors) and coloured with watercolour ink (picking up colour from my craft mat and applying with a sponge).
The images were quickly coloured with watercolour pens and a damp brush (the embossing powder resists so colouring is really quick and easy).