Good morning. Today I am sharing another quick and easy card. I used the reeds border from the Owl Edges stamp set and sentiment from Words of Inspiration. I used ink sprays to colour the background and sparkling heat embossing powder for the reeds.
- Owl Edges and Words of Inspiration stamp sets
- A6 yellow card blank (approx. 10 X 15cm)
- Heavy cartridge paper (approx 9.5 X 14.5cm)
- Ink sprays (red and yellow with gold mica)
- Versamark Inkpad
- Dye based archival inkpad (dark brown)
- WOW embossing powder (Halloween)
- Alcohol marker (dark brown)
How to make it:
- Spritz the background and dry fully. Tip: I tend to prepare large sheets of background papers in advance and then cut them down as I need. Great to use if you need something done in a hurry, or for batch making sets.
- Stamp the reeds with Versamark and heat emboss with the glitter powder. Tip: to prevent the powder sticking where you don’t want it (especially if your card is still a little damp), dust the surface with a little talc.
- Stamp the sentiment with dark brown ink.
- Edge with alcohol marker to frame and glue to the card blank.