Good morning. Here is one of my samples for the butterfly stamp set shows featured on Hochanda recently with Chocolate Baroque.
Note: I recently got the Tim Holtz stamping platform from Tonic Studios and I found it perfect for this project. Building the frame with the swirly stamp was so easy. Simply stamped, turned the card 90 degrees and stamped again. However, it is not essential for this project. Using an acrylic block with grid markings will help you to align the stamp with the card edge when building the frame with the swirl stamp.
Make a vertical score line half way across the card front and fold back.
Open the card out flat and stamp the swirls around the edges with Versamark ink to frame. Use a gridded acrylic block to help align the stamp with the card edges. Also stamp the verse and small butterfly. Heat emboss with the pearl blue powder. Colour the butterfly with sparkle pen and add glitter glue dots for added sparkle.
Stamp the large butterfly onto white card with Versafine. Using watercolour pens directly onto the stamp, colour the lightly spritz with water and overstamp onto the black image. This will give a watercolour effect. Add more colour with the sparkle pens. Cut out and glue to the edge of the card fold back. To make it neater you could paint the back of the white card with black acrylic.
Finish with more stickles and add some Glossy Accents to some areas of the butterfly detail.
Good morning. This was one of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda with Lesley Wharton. It is a quick and easy make.
I used a technique demonstrated on one of Lesley’s shows recently. I inked up a 4 inch round gelli printing plated with Distress Ink and then lifted off some of the ink using the Big Bold Background Leafy Trails stamp, then transferred the image to stamping card. I overstamped with the butterfly and swirl from Patchwork Butterfly set using Versafine. Finally I added a little colour with a gold sparkle pen and edged the topper with black marker to frame.
I cut the main card blank in black card (A4 sheet) and trimmed out the trellis from the central panel.
The background panel was cut in blue card. The swirls were stamped on the left and right hand sides of the panel. The rest of the scene was hand drawn in using the fine tipped pen and pencils. I used a circle die as a template for the moon.
The butterfly was stamped onto the background and coloured with the sparkle pens. The background panel was then glued to the card blank.
The blossom and branches were cut from blue and white card and the blossom coloured with sparkle pen.
The butterflies were stamped onto blue card, coloured with sparkle pens and pencil, then cut out.
The cut out elements were then glued to the card. Thin foam pads were used for added dimension.
I finished with dots of glitter glue for added sparkle.
Good morning. Here is another of my show samples for the butterfly stamp bundle from Chocolate Baroque recently featured on Hochanda.
I used some hand coloured paper from my stash for the background. This was created using the shaving foam technique: Layer shaving foam onto a tray, drop and swirl inks into the surface, pick up and transfer the inks to paper.
I used dies to make the rocker card and to cut the tag and decorative leaves. The flower was created from stamped butterfly wings.
Good morning. Here is one of my samples for the butterfly stamp set shows featured on Hochanda recently with Chocolate Baroque. If you missed the shows they are available for a while on the website. Lesley Wharton did some great demos so the shows are well worth a watch. There were also so many fabulous projects and inspiration from my Teamies.
I used a large label die to create the decorative card blank using blue card. I cut a decorative mat from the holographic card and layered onto the card front.
The swirls were stamped onto blue card using Versafine and were heat embossed with clear powder.
The butterflies were stamped with Versamark and embossed with the silver sparkly powder. Colour was added using gouache paint. I mixed the blue and white to get a colour to match the blue card base.
The swirls and butterflies were cut out and layered onto the card with 3D glue gel. For added depth and strength I layered some plain blue card butterflies behind the smaller butterflies (using the stamped and cut out ones as a template).