Good morning. Today I am sharing a set of quick and easy butterfly cards created using the large Patchwork Butterfly stamp from Chocolate Baroque.
The first: Wet card and sprinkle Brusho onto butterfly, spritz again to encourage colour burst. Leave to dry naturally for an intense effect, or use a heat gun to reduce the colour intensity slightly. Add some Glossy Accents onto some areas for added interest
The second and third done by colouring the stamp with watercolour pens and overstamping onto the black image. Tip: Colour the stamp directly with pens, then lightly mist with water to activate before stamping. Can stamp several times from one colouring of the stamp – misting again between each re-stamping. Great for batch making. To encourage more colour bleed I also spritzed the card after stamping the coloured image to give a nice watercolour effect.
Patchwork Butterfly and Words of Inspiration stamp sets
8 X 8 inch white card blanks and watercolour card
Versafine Inkpad (Onyx Black)
WOW embossing powder (Clear Gloss)
Watercolour pens (Spectrum Aqua)
Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers)
Good morning – I love stamping directly onto pretty background papers to produce quick and easy cards – great if you need to put something together in a hurry. I have created 2 variations using the Patchwork Butterfly stamp from Chocolate Baroque with one of the pretty background papers from Crafty Individuals (Book 5 – Travels in Italy). I stamped the butterflies and heat embossed them with pink sparkly embossing powder, then quickly coloured with watercolour and glitter pens. To give them a bit more depth I added a quick drop shadow around them using pencil. To finish I added a few highlights with white gel pen and a little glitter glue for added sparkle.
- Patchwork Butterfly stamp set
- 6 X 6 inch white card blank
- 6 X 6 inch backing paper from Crafty Individuals (Book 5 – Travels in Italy)
- Versamark Inkpad
- WOW embossing powder (Florida Sunset – pink with gold glitter)
- Alcohol markers (dark green, dark red)
- Watercolour and glitter pens (green and yellow, purple and pink)
- Opaque gel pen (white)
- Pencil (grey)
- Clear glitter glue and PVA pearls
How to make it:
- Trim the paper slightly to fit the card and edge with alcohol pen to frame.
- Stamp the butterfly with Versamark ink and heat emboss with glitter powder.
- Quickly colour with watercolour and glitter pens – the embossed areas resist the pens so colouring is really quick and easy. Add some highlights with white pen.
- Outline with pencil to add a drop shadow and make the butterflies stand out from the background.
- Glue to the card front and add glitter glue and PVA pearls to finish.