Spectrum Aqua watercolour pens (greens and red/pinks)
Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass)
Alcohol marker (black)
Tim Holtz Stamping Platform or similar (optional but makes it much easier)
How it was made:
The stamps were coloured directly with different shades of red, pink and green watercolour pens. I used a stamping platform to create this one making it much easier to repeat stamp with different colours exactly positioning over the previous stamping. It can be done without but it’s a little more tricky. Colour the different areas of the stamp in one go and ‘huff’ (breath) over the image before stamping to activate the watercolour, alternatively lightly mist with water (but not too much).
A damp brush was then used to drag out the colour and produce shading. A little extra colour was applied where needed, picking up colour from a palette with a damp brush (using ink from the pens as a watercolour paint).
The card was trimmed and edged with Distress Ink. I also added a black border with alcohol marker to frame.
Decorative border die (Crafters Companion Die’sire)
How it was made:
The border panel was cut from hammered card and glued to the card front.
The pink card was trimmed to fit and the sentiment stamped with Versamark and embossed with white powder. Faux stitching and little dots in the background were added with white pen.
The poppies were stamped onto watercolour card, ‘inking’ the stamp with the pink and green watercolour pens. To get the lovely watercolour effect the card was spritzed with water to get the stamping colours to bleed slightly. Brusho crystals were then dropped onto the background.
After drying the image was overstamped using Versafine (Vintage Sepia) to bring back some definition. I used a black pen to enhance some of the stamped outlines. More colour was added using watercolour pens and a damp brush. The sentiment was stamped with black ink.
The image was trimmed and glue to the card front. Finished the card with a few PVA pearls and yes …. obligatory glitter glue. Just cannot help myself x.
Good morning. Today I am sharing one of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda featuring the Pretty Poppies and Poppy Meadow stamps from Chocolate Baroque.
I coloured my scene using the fabulous alcohol markers from Chameleon. I simply love the new Color Tops that allow you to blend 2 completely different colours seamlessly – very tricky to do with standard alcohol pens.
The card background was stamped with the honesty stamp and Distress Ink. The corners were stamped with Versafine and the edges blended lightly with Distress Ink.
The foreground poppies were stamped onto copy paper and cut out to create masks. Small dots of zig glue were added to the back and left to dry (turns from blue to clear) to create a temporary stick to hold them in place.
The foreground poppies were stamped with Memento (water based ink that will not bleed when colouring with alcohol ink pens) and then covered with the masks before stamping the background poppies.
The stems were extended where needed by drawing with the fine tipped pen (NB. Make sure it is suitable for colouring with alcohol pens without bleeding – test if unsure).
The image was then coloured with alcohol pens. I love the delicate transparent finish – perfect for delicate poppies. I used the new Chameleon pens with Color Tops. These enable really easy one step blending of one colour into the next. Leaves were coloured with YG3 and NU0 Color Top, Flowers with BL3 and PK3 Color Top, Buds with BL3 and NU0 Color Top, Butterfly with YL2 and and PK3 Color Top.
A little texture and extra shading was added where needed with coloured pencils. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder to emphasise. The card was edged with black marker to frame and glued to the card front with 3D foam for added dimension.
The butterfly was stamped with Memento onto a spare scarp of card, coloured with alcohol pens and cut out. To enhance the butterfly details (the grey ink was a bit pale) I overstamped it with Versafine Ink.
A little metallic ink was used on the butterfly and stamens. Further sparkle was added with Stickles glue.