Thought that I would give you a short break from all the butterflies posted up earlier.
I had 2 male friends with special birthdays this weekend so I came up with a couple of fun cards that would appeal to their sense of humour. Thankfully they loved them and I haven’t damaged my friendships – tee hee.
The first is for my friend who was 70 this weekend. We had a great party and he had his guitar out for a sing along too. He has fond memories of the 60’s so I thought that the Day of The Dead Collection from Sheena Douglass would be perfect, done in ‘Flower Power’ style.
- The image stamps and dies are from Sheena Douglass (Day of The Dead) coloured with Spectrum Noir Aquatints and Distress Inks.
- I added some foiling bling using a Zig 2 way glue pen and transfer foil. The foiled sentiment was done on the computer with toner sublimation foil and my Minc machine.
- The curved ‘happy birthday’ , shaped card blank and bunting created with dies are from Tattered Lace. The letters cut using Create and Craft Couture dies.
The second card is very tongue in cheek. Shall I just say that my friend is renowned for being a bit ‘windy’!
- I used an Embossalicious folder and coredinations card to create the background – sanding it back to reveal the ‘vintage’ sentiment panel.
- The pipework and beer bottles were cut with dies from Robert Addams, the jug from Heartfelt Creations. The lettering dies are from Create and Craft Couture. The cogs dies are from a variety of sources including Robert Addams, Trimcraft, Sheena Douglass and Tattered Lace.