Good morning. This one was created using Seashore Scenes and Seaside Dreams stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque. Card strips were torn and layered up to create the sea. Images were stamped, cut out and layered up for dimension. Puff paint was used to add texture to the sea and foreground.
As the theme on the Simon Says Stamp Blog Challenge (Wed) this week is ‘Layer It Up’ – I have entered this one.
- Seashore Scenes and Seaside Dreams stamp sets
- 16.5 X 10 cm Kraft card blank, blue card with white core, white stamping card, Kraft card
- Versafine Inkpads (Vintage Sepia and Onyx Black), Distress Ink (Wild Honey)
- Watercolour pen (grey)
- Alcohol ink pen (dark brown) and fine tipped pen (dark brown)
- Clear Sparkle Overlay Pen (Spectrum Noir Sparkle)
- Koh-I-Noor White Charcoals
- Colourcraft Expand-IT
- PVA pearls
How it was done:
- Strips of blue card were torn and glued to the card to create the sea effect.
- The gulls were stamped onto white card with black ink and cut out (note: snipped away from their scene sitting on the post). A little grey watercolour was used to add shading. They were shaped and glued to the card with 3D glue gel.
- The sentiment was stamped onto Kraft card with brown ink, cut to make the flag strip and edged with brown marker. Foam pads were used to glue it down.
- Expand-IT was added along the waves and heated to make it bubble and create a sea foam effect.
- The shells were stamped onto Kraft card with brown ink and coloured with a little Distress Ink using a damp brush to blend. Highlights were added with white charcoals and shading detail emphasised using the fine tipped pen. The shell strip was then cut out and glued to the card using 3D glue gel for dimension.
- Expand-IT was mixed with a little Distress Ink to colour, applied along the base of the shells and heated to make the foreground sandy texture.
- Clear sparkle overlay was added to the waves and shells, and a PVA pearl added to the central shell.