Good afternoon. Today I am sharing a set of cards created with the new stencils from Chocolate Baroque. These are fairly quick makes.
I decided to try running the Russian Spires stencil through my die cut machine on the embossing setting to get added texture. I also brayered over the stencil with glycerine before embossing. This transferred to the card providing a medium on which to sprinkle embossing powders. I experimented and played with different colours, adding additional colouring with pens or pencils. I quite liked the distressed effect.
8 X 8 inch card blank (white stamping card), copy paper to make masks
Distress Inkpad (Tumbled Glass), Multi coloured dye based inkpad (blues & purples)
Glitter pens (Sakura Gel – blue, purple) and sparkle pens (Spectrum Noir – teal, clear)
Clouds stencil (Sheena Douglass)
How it was done:
I first stamped Katya 4 times onto the corners of the card, leaving ink off the bottom portion of the stamp. I chose Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to get a pale effect.
I cut a circle mask from copier paper. Covering the central section I then applied Distress Ink through the cloud stencil, lightly using a sponge. I coloured Katya’s headdress with glitter and sparkle pens using a water brush to get some shading.
I edged the card with Distress Ink and stamped the sentiment around the border.
Using the other part of my paper mask I covered the background leaving just the central opening to work though. I stamped and cut out the buildings from copier paper to make more masks. I first stamped the foreground image (using multi coloured ink), then covered it with the mask before stamping the next building behind. Finally I covered both foreground images and stamped the silhouette palace at the back.
I used the cloud stencil again to add detail to the sky area. I then coloured the images picking up ink from my mat with a water brush.
Finally I added a little spatter by picking up watered down ink and sparkle pen from my mat onto an old toothbrush.