I created these Halloween lanterns using my Silhouette Cameo and files from Jennifer Rush Designs (from the Silhouette store). I also used the Festive Ivy die from Sheena Douglass to decorate.
I had so much fun creating these. Off to get some more spooky projects finished.
- Silhouette Files: Spider Web Lantern and Skull Lantern from JM Rush Designs (downloaded from the Silhouette store)
- Silhouette Cameo cutting machine
- 4 X A4 (approx 8.25 X 11.75 inch) sheets black card for each lantern
- 1 X A4 sheet white card (for skulls)
- 1 X A4 sheet vellum for each (orange or yellow)
- Festive Ivy die (Sheena Douglass)
- Stickles glitter glue (Crystal and Icicle)
- Pebeo gilding wax (King Gold, Empire Gold and Silver)
How to make them:
- Cut the lanterns and web layers from black card. Cut the windows from coloured vellum. Cut the skulls from white card. Construct following the instructions on Jennifer’s tutorial blog posts (links in the materials list above).
- Rub gilding wax over the lanterns, buff up when dry to give them a metallic effect. You may find this easier to do before adding the web frames.
- Die cut and emboss the ivy from black card. Rub over sparingly with gold gilding wax to give a metallic effect. Shape with a ball tool and glue in place to decorate the lanterns.
- Finish with glitter glue for a bit of sparkle.