I created this pumpkin lantern using my Brother ScanNCut and the Jack O’ Lantern SVG files from the Haunted Forest Collection (SVG Cuts). I used oriental papers and the Festive Ivy die from Sheena Douglass to decorate.
I had so much fun creating this. It looks lovely with the flickering electric tea light (no flame) glowing from inside. It would also work well if filled with sweeties for Trick or Treat callers.
I love this collection of SVG files and think that I will create the magnificent Haunted House next.
- SVG cutting files – Jack O’ Lantern from the Haunted Forest Collection (SVG Cuts)
- Brother ScanNCut CM300 cutting machine
- 2 sheets 12 X 12 inch card (1X black, 1X orange – Tonic)
- 1 X A4 (8.25 X 11.75 inches) black paper
- Patterned papers (thin card): 2X A4 double sided pattern for pumpkin and flowers, 1 X A4 for hat panels (Sheena Douglass Oriental Collection)
- Festive Ivy die (Sheena Douglass)
- Stickles glitter glue (Crystal)
- Pebeo gilding wax (King Gold)
How to make it:
- Cut the pumpkin from orange card.
- Cut the flowers and the pumpkin panels from decorative card.
- Cut the hat from black card and hat panels from contrasting patterned card.
- There is a fabulous video on YouTube by SVG cuts on how to construct all the elements for this collection (SVG Cuts Haunted Forest Tutorial Video). Construct and glue together following the tutorial. I used a ball tool and embossing mat to shape my floral elements.
- Die cut and emboss the ivy from black paper (I used 4 layers of paper in one pass). Rub over with gilding wax to give a metallic effect. Shape with a ball tool and glue in place to decorate the hat.
- Finish with glitter glue for a bit of sparkle.