Imagination Meets Reality card created for Chocolate Baroque

AW Imagination Meets Reality

 

Good morning. This one is another of my recent samples for the Steampunk shows. I used Soft Form Relief Paste to create the 3D embellishment, the lovely lace with cogs stamp to create the border and stamped onto a pretty floral paper from Crafty Individuals. I thought that the sentiment ‘imagination meets reality’ was fitting.

I mounted everything onto a ‘recycled’ 8 X 8 inch card which was a previous sample that had gone badly wrong. Rather than throw it away I just covered up what was originally there. No-one would ever know – ooops I just told you – tee hee hee.

Materials:

How it was done:

  1. The background paper on my ‘recycled’ card was created using the shaving foam technique. This is a fun method for making pretty marble effect papers. Shaving foam is spread onto a shallow tray and inks dropped onto the surface. Paper is then lowered onto the surface to pick up the ink. Versamark was then sponged through the leaf stencil and heat embossed with pearl powder. Distress Ink was then blended over the top, the embossed areas repelling the colour. A ribbon band was drawn on with pen. This was then mounted onto and 8 X 8 card. Faux stitching was added around the edges using a piercing tool and drawing with a fine tipped black pen. PVA pearls were then added to the corners.
  2. The lacy border and sentiment were stamped with Versafine onto the decorative floral paper, then mounted onto black card to frame. I had a spare scrap of this paper from another project so cut out the daisy and shaped it to add dimension and decoupaged it up onto the background.
  3. The beetle stamp was coated with StazOn Ink, then a thin layer of Relief Paste and left to dry overnight before peeling away. It was then trimmed to neaten up and glued to the card.

Harlequin Bouquet Canvas created for Chocolate Baroque

AW Harlequin Bouquet Canvas

 

Good morning. Today I am sharing a small canvas created with the lovely floral collage stamp (Harlequin Bouquet) from Chocolate Baroque.

Materials:

How to make it:

  1. Stamp the image onto stamping card with Versafine and heat emboss with clear powder. Colour with water based pens.
  2. Randomly Spritz the canvas background and cover with UTEE while wet. Heat to melt. I wanted a bit of a random texture rather than smooth glass effect. If you want more texture pour a bit more powder onto the hot UTEE and melt. Ink the sentiment with StazOn and press into the molten UTEE. Leave until it sets before peeling away. I found the image was a little feint so darkened using an alcohol pen – drawing into the impressed lettering.
  3. Apply the glitter paste with a palette knife onto the background using the leaf stencil. Apply modelling paste through the butterfly stencil. Leave to dry.
  4. Lightly spritz the watercolour card with inks (you want it to be lighter than the canvas background so that it stands out). Cut out the frame with the decorative die and apply some ink to the edges with a sponge to define. Trim the main image to fit behind the frame and glue together. Mount onto the canvas with 3D foam.
  5. Finish with touches of glitter glue.