I have mixed & matched die cuts with electronic cuts using the Brother ScanNCut and a Tattered Lace USB stick for this one. I have also used an old wood mounted unicorn rubber stamp from my stash.
Birthday Card Stepper – Giving Dimension to the Scene
Birthday Card Folded Down
· Tattered Lace dies: Decorative Centre Stepper (ETL71), Pin Dot Decorative Rectangles (ETL93), Floral Layers Echinacea (ETL120), Floral Layers All About The Middle (ETL121)
· Tattered Lace USB Stick No.1 (Flowers and Foliage) for the Brother ScanNCut – Big Fern and Ferns designs. Alternatively use the dies: Big Fern (D379) and Ferns (D5909)
· A4 thick white card stock to make the shutter card
· Thick white card suitable for stamping and wet media
· Thinner white card suitable for the ScanNCut
· Unicorn rubber stamp (old from my stash – Co-Motion stamps), Fern rubber stamp (Chocolate Baroque – Wild Meadow set), Sentiment clear stamps (Personal Impressions).
· Dark blue alcohol marker and fine tipped black marker
· Grey watercolour pen (Spectrum Aqua – Charcoal)
· Inkpads: Memories (blue), Memento (London Fog), Distress Ink (blues: Broken China and Tumbled Glass; greens: Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, Old Paper, Shabby Shutters; Yellow: Mustard Seed, and Orange: Carved Pumpkin)
· Stickles glitter glue (Diamond)
· Paint brush and Cut ‘N’ Dry Foam
· Ball tool and soft mat for flower shaping
· Acrylic glue and 3D glue gel
Step By Step:
1. Cut the shutter card in white card.
2. Cut the side panels and sentiment strip in stamping card using dies from the Shutter Card set, and the central panel using die No. 9 from the Pin Dot Decorative Rectangles.
3. Keeping the panels within the dies use Cut ‘n’ Dry foam to blend Distress Inks over the background; blues at the top blending into Crushed Olive at the bottom. Outline with the blue alcohol pen to frame. See step 1 picture.
4. Stamp the three main panels with the fern using Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. See step 1 picture.
5. Stamp the fern onto the sentiment strip with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Stamp the Sentiment with Memories Blue ink. See step 1 picture.
6. Stamp the unicorn onto stamping card with Memento Ink. Use the fine tipped black pen to emphasis the eye, nose and hooves. Colour with the grey watercolour marker, blending out the colour with the brush and water. Finish with a little glitter glue. Cut out with scissors and shape using your fingers. See step 1 picture.
7. Cut out 6 each of the small Echinacea flower. Colour the flowers with Tumbled Glass Distress ink and then edge using the Blue Memories ink. Shape the petals from the back, turn over and press the ball tool into the centre to give dimension. Layer 2 flowers together offsetting the petals and glue. Add glitter glue to the centres. See step 2 picture.
8. Cut out 6 each of the small circular stamens. Colour with Mustard Seed Distress Ink and a little Carved Pumpkin Ink. Layer 3 together, glue and press the centres with the ball tool to make them 3D. Add a little glitter glue to the centres. See step 2 picture.
9. Cut out the ferns on the Brother ScanNCut. Colour with a variety of green Distress Inks. Shape slightly using the ball tool. See step 2 picture.
10. Glue the main mats onto the card with acrylic glue. Use 3D glue for the sentiment mat.
11. Attach the leaves, flowers and unicorn using acrylic glue and 3D glue under raised shaped areas.
Birthday Card Step 1
Birthday Card Step 2