Ink spritzers (purple, turquoise, gold and opaque white)
Fine tipped marker (black)
Faux gems and organza ribbon
How it was done:
The card blank was lightly spritzed with opaque white ink. The stamping card was coloured with purple, turquoise and gold ink spritzers. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and embossed with silver powder.
The background images were stamped with purple dye ink. Further images were stamped on top with Versamark, heat embossed with gold powder and outlined with fine tipped pen.
The edges of the topper were roughed up with the edge of my scissors. A little turquoise ink was also sponged around the edges.
Finished with a ribbon and faux gems.
Make Time to Make Art
My third sample was different again using a bright sunshine yellow backdrop.
I had some cheap glitter glues that were past their best. To use them up I embossed some of my stencils (through my die cut machine) then applied the glitter through the stencil using a palette knife. I used up my glitter glues and created a batch of textured backgrounds ready for my cards.
The sentiment was stamped onto the textured card using dye ink (embossing with stencils only gives a shallow texture so it is fairly easy to overstamp – add just a little extra pressure on the stamp). Note the ‘I’ was left uninked.
The mat was edged with marker and faux stitching drawn around the border of the card blank with fine tipped pen.
The floral stems were stamped onto white card with Versamark, embossed with a mix of coloured powders and cut out.
Cut outs were glued to the card front and finished with a ribbon.
My first card is a small 7 X 13cm card. The background was from my inky stash of papers created by spritzing inks onto cartridge paper and dropping on dishwasher salt crystals. These were then brushed off when dry. I tend to create batches of these papers so that I always have something in my stash for a quick make. Alternatively a printed background paper could be used.
My next quick make is a 15cm square card. An 11cm square of white stamping card was quickly painted with watercolour inks (orange and yellow). Images from Tranquility and Artistic Affirmations were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with gold powder. Sparkly gold powder was used around the edges. Water was applied to the blossoms and onto the background to create sky texture and the moon, blotting off dissolved ink with tissue. The flowers were then over coloured with alcohol ink pens and sparkle pen brushed over for shimmer. A 12cm square black card mat was cut for framing and mounting onto the card front.
My last quick and easy makes are a 15cm square card and small gift bag to co-ordinate. I cut my mini gift bag from smooth white card using my Silhouette electronic cutter. You could use a die cut or ready made plain bag, or a make simple gift tag to match. Images from Tranquility and Artistic Affirmations were stamped with Majestic Blue Versafine Ink and quickly coloured with water based blue sparkle pens, blending colour using a clear sparkle pen. The topper was edged with blue alcohol ink marker to frame. Small sticky pearls and a bow were added to finish.
The lanterns were stamped onto copy paper and cut out to create masks. I dotted a little zig glue on the back and left to dry. This glue then gives a temporary tac to hold the masks in place while stamping.
The scene was stamped with Versafine, stamping the foreground images first then covering with masks while stamping the images set behind. The scene was extended by drawing with the fine tipped pen (i.e. water swirls).
The foliage across the top was stamped with Versamark and pigment powders were applied with a soft brush. Further foliage was stamped with Wild Honey Distress Ink. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with powder.
The image was coloured with watercolour pens, dissolved pigments, sparkle overlay and glitter pens. Highlights were added with white pen and additional shading added with pencils.
The image was edged with alcohol marker and by blending with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.
Extra sparkle was added with glitter glue and Glossy Accents. PVA pearls were applied to the border.
I have been trying to have a go at Parchment craft as I love the delicate result. I thought that it would make a lovely tranquil version. No picot cutting as I am hopeless, so I cheated with a die. I tried to hide the glue but still ended up with a blob of showing through the parchment – eek! I was fairly pleased with the results but have a lot to learn and more practice needed yet.
Scalloped circle dies (Pin Dot Scalloped Circle – Tattered Lace)
PVA pearls (tangerine), extra fine glitter and sequins
Used tumble dryer sheet
How it was done:
The gold card and parchment were cut out using dies. The background was created using Distress Ink through the stencil (using a blending brush).
The image was stamped onto the front of the parchment using white StazOn. I then embossed the outlines on the back of the parchment using a fine embossing tool, tracing the stamped image. To help aid the embossing tool to glide on the parchment I rubbed over the surface using the tumble drier sheet first.
Larger embossing tools were then used to add shading. Although it is generally called ‘shading’ it is actually ‘highlighting’ as embossing stretches the parchment and makes it whiter. You need to work gently and slowly, leaving the parchment to rest between layers of further whitening. I did tear her cloak (eeeeek) but managed to disguise it with a little Perga Glue which was later covered with glitter.
Sparkly highlights were then added to the front using a mapping pen (dip pen), sticky ink and extra fine glitter.
I love creating monochromatic blue & white cards. Perfect for a tranquil meditation.