Monumental Wedding Card

AW Wedding Card

Good morning. This summer I have several friends that are getting married. I wanted to come up with a special card which could be personalised and adapted to suit each couple. I made this one in a romantic wedding style adding some stamping using Mackintosh Beauty stamps from Chocolate Baroque.

The theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp Blog (Wed) is Anniversary/Wedding – so I have entered this one.

How it was made:

I used one of the Monumental dies from Tattered Lace (Wedding) to create the shaped card blank. This is a massive die which uses a lot of card (28.2cm X 14.5cm). To make it robust I used 1 A4 sheet of Centura Pearl (300gsm) plus plain card lining (220 gms) for the front and 2 sheets of plain card (approx. 220 gsm) plus a thick patterned paper sheet to line and build the back.

From the leftover card I used Tattered Lace dies to cut the sentiment, heart (Pin Dot Hearts), mini hearts (Diamond Fold set), leafy sprigs (Fleurs die) and bunting pennants.

Lettering for personalisation was printed onto copy paper using a laser printer and foiled using Toner Sublimation foil and a Mink foiling machine (could be done with a laminator). The letters were then cut out and glued to the little pennant flags.

The front of the card and pennants were lightly sponged with Distress Ink (Old Paper) and randomly stamped using mulitcoloured (purples/pinks) Archival Brilliance Ink (Brilliance ink dries ok on the shiny pearl card). The pennants were hung from a fine satin ribbon.

The floral heart and a couple of small flower heads were stamped onto a spare scrap of pearl card and cut out. Light colouring was added using a damp brush and Distress Inks (Old Paper, Tattered Rose) and glued to the card using 3D glue gel for added depth.

Finished with a little clear glitter glue added to the flower centres. I really cannot resist a bit of sparkle.

 

AW Wedding envelope

I also had to make an envelope as the finished card does not fit any standard envelope sizes. The width of the card is almost full length of A4 so to leave enough space at the sides, and to create gluing tabs, I ended up needing 2 A3 sheets to create an envelope. I decided to use a couple of sheets of thinner white card and used my large score board to make a simple envelope. I used 1 sheet to create the front and flap plus tabs for gluing, and 1 sheet to create the back panel. To make it pretty I used an 8 X 8 inch lacy embossing folder (Doily – Tattered Lace) to add some texture and make the envelope look a little more special. I only embossed the central area on this one but the folder could be slid along to emboss right to the edges if desired.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s